Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 3.14

 Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating

This week, I'm featuring:
Something Like Normal

A powerful debut novel about a young Marine's return home from Afghanistan and the new life and love he finds while fending off the ghosts of war.
When Travis Stephenson returns home from Afghanistan, his parents are on the brink of divorce, his brother has stolen his girlfriend and his car, and nightmares of his best friend getting killed keep him completely spooked. But when he runs into Harper Gray, a girl who despises him for trashing her reputation with a middle school lie, life actually starts looking up. As Travis and Harper see more of each other, he starts falling for her and a way through the family meltdown, the post-traumatic stress, and the possibility of an interesting future begins to emerge.
His sense of humor, sense of his own strength, and incredible sense of honor make Travis an irresistible and eminently lovable hero in this fantastic and timely debut novel.
What are you waiting on?

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I just saw this on another blog I follow. This must be the week it hit everyone's radar. I know that it is now on mine.

    My choice this week is Grave Mercy which I have already pre-ordered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually prepared a few posts ahead and it was on my amazon list :)

      Delete
  2. Oh this sounds great, haven't see it before. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of this one! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SLN has been on my radar for a long long time now. Unfortunately NetGalley declined my request (no blogs based outside the US). :( *cryinglikeababy* I'm seeing this mentioned all over the bloggerverse lol. Seems like such a fantastic book. :-)
    _yay_ @ BookthatThing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, sad day.
      Maybe you can pick it up when finally released though, or win a contest.
      *crossing fingers*

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)