Saturday, April 9, 2011

Readathon Update

I've read a bunch of chat transcripts (150 pages), part of friend's manuscript (50 pages), and part of Die for Me (50 pages)
I'm about to take sort of a hockey break, but will still read some.

I just finished the Book Crossword challenge-I think I got them all right-can you?

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? Die for Me by Plum, and Whispers, a friend's MS
2. How many books have you read so far? uh. none completed. Unless write on con transcripts count.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Finishing Die For Me
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Nope. 
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Yes. Just rolled with it.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? nothing
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? nope
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? dunno
9. Are you getting tired yet? no. Its 7pm here
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? soda?

I did the Book Titles Challenge

and Character Theme Song

It's 2am and I'm awake, but barely... I'm more than halfway through Whispers and haven't made any progress on Die for Me since last time.

Character Crush challenge:
I'd pick Gavin from Light of Asteria. He's attentive, patient, forgiving, understanding, loyal and dreamy. 

7 comments:

  1. Excellent progress so far Bandi. Good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck as we head into the last nine hours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for hockey breaks! Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grab another book
    off your readathon pile
    All the pages you'll read
    Will surely stretch a mile!
    Go, Readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great!!! Only a few more hours to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandi,
    Hope you're having an awesome final few hours of the read-a-thon.

    Thanks for participating in the Character Crush Mini Challenge and I'm sorry the comments weren't working for you. I've gone ahead and manually added your comment link, so you're all entered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing great!!! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)