Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
34 Pieces of You
A dark and moving novel about the mystery surrounding a teenage girl’s fatal overdose.

There was something about Ellie... Something dangerous. Charismatic. Broken. Jake looked out for her. Sarah followed her lead. And Jess kept her distance, and kept watch.

Now Ellie’s dead, and Jake, Sarah, and Jess are left to pick up the pieces. All they have are 34 clues she left behind. 34 strips of paper hidden in a box beneath her bed. 34 secrets of a brief and painful life.

Jake, Sarah, and Jess all feel responsible for what happened to Ellie, and all three have secrets of their own. As they begin to confront the darkest truths about themselves, they will also find out what Ellie herself had been hiding all along....

Releases: September 4th 2012 by Simon Pulse

What are you waiting on?

Follow on Bloglovin

26 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! Nice pick! :D

    Bieke @ Istyria book blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... this sounds like an intense read. I really hope you enjoy it soon!!

    Here’s My WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how well I'd deal with a book about an overdose victim, but I'm willing to give it a chance. I guess I'll wait to read a few reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of that one! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like an angst fest. Eeep. Don't know if I have the guts to read it. Courageous pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds fascinating. I think I might have gotten it at BEA, but I can't remember...which is rather sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually started this book a while ago, but then had no time to get back to it. But the premise does sound fascinating. I hope you enjoy it when you pick it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of this one but it sounds really interesting. I hope you'll get it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I've seen that book around, but I hadn't heard much about it! Sounds very cool.

    Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice choice; I actually hope to read this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought this was released last year or something. But it sounds really good especially that someone had compared it to 13 reasons Why!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember seeing this book way back when and it sounds good :) Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't realize this has been out for almost a year now. I've been meaning to pick it up for ages.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sound of this one! Seems sad but I love the mystery aspect of it. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought this was already out? I must be confused.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't seen this one before. It seems like emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds really emotional! I love emotional books, so I'm adding to my tbr list! Great pick, Brandi! :D

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair 

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds sad and suspenseful! Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haven't heard of it before, but it sounds really interesting!
    My WoW @ the NerdHerd Reads

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds intense-love a good mystery and this one sounds really interesting with all those strips of paper/clues. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh Brandi this sounds good, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooph, this sounds much darker than what I'm used to! Then again, sometimes I'm up for reading these types of stories!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think someone compared this to 13 Reasons Why in the comments above and I'm definitely getting that vibe though I haven't that book. Interested in checking this one out as I've had good experiences with Simon Pulse.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)