Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Review: Bridger by Megan Curd


Bridger by Megan Curd
Ashlyn McVean doesn’t believe in fairy tales. That is, until Ashlyn is thrown into the crosshairs of grudges her grandmother created long ago. After finding out she is one of two people able to cross between faerie realms, Ashlyn is faced with trying to understand her abilities, along with navigating a new relationship with her boyfriend, Liam. As if being on a centuries old hit list and dealing with crazed pixies isn’t enough, her new abilities mean trouble for Liam. Knowing her new life puts everyone she loves in danger, Ashlyn must decide what’s most important in her life between friends, family, love, and ultimately, realms.
Purchase on amazon here
Source: ARC from author

My review:

Bridger creates a magical and intriguing world that held my attention and left me wanting so much more.
The characters are great and beautifully written. Ash had me at hello with such an emotional connection right away. Ash has a strong voice and I love how there are funny moments thrown in at all the right times.
I loved and hated the presence of MeMaw right away, she has such a strong personality, and I love where the character arc goes.
I also love the sarcasm and easy going nature between her and Jaime at the beginning, I’m such a sucker for sarcasm J The introduction of Reese kept me even more intrigued too. Their relationship is pretty undefined, but they have a different but still strong bond than with her and Jaime.
And if I thought I was attached to the story, I didn’t know anything until Liam came on the scene. Swoon!
This is action packed, and I never knew what to expect coming next, but Megan wove it all together and created one amazing story. She’s a genius and I can’t wait for more.

I def recommend that you read this one RIGHT NOW!  


 

1 comment:

  1. I'm such a sucker for sarcasm too, I think this book would be a good one for me! Never heard of it before, so thanks for the review Brandi!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)