Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Review: Crossed by Ally Condie

Crossed (Matched, #2)
Crossed by Ally Condie

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.
Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

Published in US: Nov 1 2011
Source: library
2nd in Matched series, 3rd out: fall 2012

My Review:

Crossed was more action packed than Matched, although it started out a bit slow to me. I think this is mostly because it's been such seemingly long time since I've read Matched. I should've re-read or at least looked up some spoilers. But even with that, I remembered the characters and the main gist of the story.

Once I was back into Cassia's head, and the flow of the story, I didn't want to put it down. I just had to know what would happen next, and what trials she'd face next. Another thing that I liked about Crossed is that we get more into the head of Ky. He is still a pretty big mystery to me, because even though we were in his thoughts, they still seemed veiled or guarded. I did learn a lot more about him though, and I think that it helped the pacing to have him in the story.

Quite a few things surprised me in the story... how much I was able to care about some of the secondary characters that were new to the story for one. Xander also surprised me... I can't really say why, but he did something in the story and then something about his character from previous book that I didn't know and never would've guessed.

This is a great second book, and I can't wait for the conclusion!

I'd love to hear what you think of the book and/or my review.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't feel the same way about this one, sadly. But I'm glad you enjoyed it, Brandi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I'm so happy you enjoyed this one, Brandi! :) I ADORED Matched too, and Crossed has been sitting on my shelf for weeks but for some odd reason, I still haven't picked it up yet!

    Awesome review, Brandi! I'm definitely going to read Crossed next because I'm really excited to read Ky's thoughts -- he's just one of the sweetest YA boys out there, although I'm still intrigued about Xander! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review :) can't wait to read it myself, sounds like I should soon!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)