Vampire's Fury by Rachel Carrington
Dear Sixteen-Year-Old Self,
You’re only sixteen now, and it seems like time is going by so slowly. You wish it would hurry up so you can be out on your own, living life the way you want. I remember the feeling all too well, and as I look back now on the you I used to be, I want to share a few things with you. You’ll learn them eventually, but maybe knowing them in advance will prepare you for what lies ahead.
1. You’re nursing a heartache now, and as difficult as it is to say, you will get your heart broken again. And again. But it’s an amazing organ. It’s resilient, and so are you.
2. Don’t waste time on people who clearly don’t want you in their lives. Before you know it, you’ll have spent twenty years trying to convince them they love you when, in the end, there’s no evidence of it.
3. Don’t wait until your late twenties to get serious about writing. You already love it so start focusing now.
4. Don’t get engaged at twenty-one to the first guy who tells you you’re beautiful. He’s not your knight in shining armor. No man is. Learn to love yourself so you don’t have to rely on others to convince you that you’re worthy of love.
5. Forgive those people who have harmed you and don’t spend the next twenty-five years trying to change them. It won’t work, and you can use the effort on something much more productive…like your next book.
6. Sometimes you need help in life. Don’t be so independent that you refuse to ask for it.
7. You’ll make some pretty big mistakes over the next fifteen years or so. Be ready to forgive yourself. Those mistakes will make you a stronger person.
8. Know that whatever lies ahead, you are strong enough to handle it.
Life isn’t easy, but it’s worth living every day. So reach for those dreams. Plan for the day when you will wrap your hand around the brass ring.
And one thing to remember, bitterness hurts more the vessel in which it’s stored than where it’s poured. If you can learn that now, your twenties will be a lot easier. Trust me on this one. I’ve been there.
After that, I started writing fantasy romances about wizards and wizards, and once those took off, I segued to paranormal romances (hello, vampires and ghosts) and romantic suspense. I also write articles for various magazines, including The Writer’s Journal, Writer’s Magazine, Writer’s Weekly, Writing for Dollars, Absolute Write, and Funds for Writers.
I’m fortunate to make my home in historical Charleston, South Carolina. Beautiful city. Beautiful people. When I’m not writing, I love to read, create videos, keep Target in business, play visitor in my city, and drink lots of coffee.
If you want to learn more about my books, you can find them all here at my website http://dawnrachel.com/now-available.
Besides my website, you can find me all over the internet. Here are just a few of the places:
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rachel-carrington/63/7b0/b6a
-Fill out Rafflecopter to enter
-Ends on 11/25/2013 11:59 pm EST
-If you win a review on your blog and/or amazon is appreciated but not required.
*If, for whatever reason, the Rafflecopter widget does not appear, you can click on the link where it says rafflecopter giveaway and it will show up, sorry for the inconvenience.
a Rafflecopter giveaway