Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WoW, waiting on wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
Summer of Yesterday
Back to the Future meets Fast Times at Ridgemont High when Haley’s summer vacation takes a turn for the retro in this totally rad romantic fantasy.

Summer officially sucks. Thanks to a stupid seizure she had a few months earlier, Haley’s stuck going on vacation with her dad and his new family to Disney’s Fort Wilderness instead of enjoying the last session of summer camp back home with her friends. Fort Wilderness holds lots of childhood memories for her father, but surely nothing for Haley. But then a new seizure triggers something she’s never before experienced—time travel—and she ends up in River Country, the campground’s long-abandoned water park, during its heyday.

The year? 1982.

And there—with its amusing fashion, “oldies” music, and primitive technology—she runs into familiar faces: teenage Dad and Mom before they’d even met. Somehow, Haley must find her way back to the twenty-first century before her present-day parents anguish over her disappearance, a difficult feat now that she’s met Jason, one of the park’s summer residents and employees, who takes the strangely dressed stowaway under his wing.

Seizures aside, Haley’s used to controlling her life, and she has no idea how to deal with this dilemma. How can she be falling for a boy whose future she can’t share?

expected publication: July 8th 2014 by Simon Pulse

What are you waiting on?Follow on Bloglovin

23 comments:

  1. Wow, now this sounds pretty interesting! Time travel from seizures. Great pick!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's new to me! Not sure it's my kind of read but still hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer of Yesterday sounds lovely, great pick!

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hadn't heard of this one before. Great pick, Brandi! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um Disney? I'm so excited about this book and that's not even touching on all the other things mentioned in the synopsis. Disney is ALL I need to know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting! I hope you'll get to read it before release. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this one on my tbr and I can't wait to read it. It sounds like something I will really enjoy, and I hope you like it too. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time travel? I missed this one, adding it to my TBR watch list :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this sounds awesome and right up my alley! It's also my first time hearing about this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First time seeing this, but love the blurb "Back to the Future meets Fast Times at Ridgemont High." Can't wait to see what you think of Summer of Yesterday, Brandi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like something I would love. How did I miss this book?

    Thanks so much for sharing it with me :)

    My WoW Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1982 sounds really amazing. It'd be interesting to see how 10 years before my birth looked alike. Great pick Brandi :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds really good! Definitely adding this to my TBR. Great WoW choice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the sound of this and I am all about retro books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this one sounds so different! I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehe!! Sounds like a fun one! Enjoy Brandi!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I've got to read this one, just for location! I grew up in Florida and I went to Fort Wilderness with family friends and camped and we went to River Country (the other water parks weren't in existence at the time). I have to read it just because of that!! Great pick Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow that sounds like a very interesting book. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds like something that I would enjoy this. I loved the 1980's. So I think this would be a good book. Awesome WOW pick.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Back to the Future meets Fast Times is perfect! Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohh, this seems to be funny and enjoyable and very romantic. And just mentioning Back to the Future was good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)