Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday, WoW


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
Wicked (A Wicked Saga, #1)
Things are about to get Wicked in New Orleans.

Twenty-two year old Ivy Morgan isn’t your average college student. She, and others like her, know humans aren’t the only thing trolling the French Quarter for fun… and for food. Her duty to the Order is her life. After all, four years ago, she lost everything at the hands of the creatures she’d sworn to hunt, tearing her world and her heart apart.

Ren Owens is the last person Ivy expected to enter her rigidly controlled life. He’s six feet and three inches of temptation and swoon-inducing charm. With forest-green eyes and a smile that’s surely left a stream of broken hearts in its wake, he has an uncanny, almost unnatural ability to make her yearn for everything he has to offer. But letting him in is as dangerous as hunting the cold-blooded killers stalking the streets. Losing the boy she loved once before had nearly destroyed her, but the sparking tension that grows between them becomes impossible for Ivy to deny. Deep down, she wants… she needs more than what her duty demands of her, what her past has shaped for her.

But as Ivy grows closer to Ren, she realizes she’s not the only one carrying secrets that could shatter the frail bond between them. There’s something he’s not telling her, and one thing is for certain. She’s no longer sure what is more dangerous to her—the ancient beings threatening to take over the town or the man demanding to lay claim to her heart and her soul

Releases: December 8th 2014

What are you waiting on?

25 comments:

  1. Great pick Brandi :) I hope you will love this book. I do like the cover a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After watching The Originals, I'm game for anything set in New Orleans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice! I LOVED Wicked! Such a great read!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I really, really need to start reading Armentrout! Thanks for sharing, Brandi. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I'm excited to read this one, when I have a chance. Armentrout's books are always entertaining!


    Great WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you enjoy JLA as much a do, so I can't wait to see what you think of Wicked! I enjoyed it and hope you do too! There's one character that is sure to put a smile on your face and make you laugh ... I can't say more though - don't want to spoil the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know... I haven't heard a lot of great things about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Armentrout, I'm super excited about this too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty cover and Armentrout's writing is so addictive!

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't even know JLA was coming out with a new series! This sounds awesome - great WoW choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been out since December! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it, Brandi :)


    Thanks for visiting my blog!


    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another Wed, another WoW, this last week went by too fast

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cover alone is worth picking up the book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have actually just downloading the sample of this book to my iPad as I want to check it out before I buy it. I haven't read anything from Jennifer L. Armentrout so I am excited to get to this one.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm looking forward to reading this one myself. I just love JLA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's one I've still not managed to read though I've bought 3 now I think. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you enjoy this one when you get to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still haven't read any JLA books! But I am definitely intrigued by this one. It sounds like a great romance that would be nice to read between my usual fantasy binges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally loved this whole book! Hope you love it too :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)