Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday, WoW


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
Every Last Word
f you could read my mind, you wouldn't be smiling.

Samantha McAllister looks just like the rest of the popular girls in her junior class. But hidden beneath the straightened hair and expertly applied makeup is a secret that her friends would never understand: Sam has Purely-Obsessional OCD and is consumed by a stream of dark thoughts and worries that she can't turn off. 

Second-guessing every move, thought, and word makes daily life a struggle, and it doesn't help that her lifelong friends will turn toxic at the first sign of a wrong outfit, wrong lunch, or wrong crush. Yet Sam knows she'd be truly crazy to leave the protection of the most popular girls in school. So when Sam meets Caroline, she has to keep her new friend with a refreshing sense of humor and no style a secret, right up there with Sam's weekly visits to her psychiatrist.

Caroline introduces Sam to the Poet's Corner, a hidden room and a tight-knit group of misfits who have been ignored by the school at large. Sam is drawn to them immediately, especially a guitar-playing guy with a talent for verse, and starts to discover a whole new side of herself. Slowly, she begins to feel more "normal" than she ever has as part of the popular crowd . . . until she finds a new reason to question her sanity and all she holds dear.

Releases: June 16th 2015 by Disney-Hyperion

note for brandi- this is 100 on tbr

What are you waiting on?

28 comments:

  1. The best part about this meme is when I find books like these that I didn't even know I was waiting on! I can't wait to read this book. It sounds really interesting :D

    Cucie @ Cucie reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't head of this one at all, but I love books the tackle mental illness so I'll need to check it out !

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you like this one, Brandi! OCD is something I've never read about before, so I'm going to be curious about what you think. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have slight OCD tendencies so I hope you enjoy this book.

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    new follower via bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it is well done than I think this should be a good read.


    http://pettywitter.blogpot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to read this author, although I have one of her books sitting on my TBR shelf. This one sounds good! I think I saw it on either Edelweiss or Netgalley too. Great pick!



    Check
    out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a bit of OCD tendencies as well, though only minor. It can be a hassle really, and I know it gets on my husband's nerves quite a lot. So this book definitely catches my eye! Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this on my tbr also. I saw this recently on NetGalley, but I haven't requested it because I already have SO many review books to read for June. Oh well, maybe I'll have time for it later. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I have read some well done, and others not so much

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is on my TBR too! Sounds so good! I hope you like it!
    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-3-manwhore.html
    New follower - love you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just seen this on Netgalley today and it sounds really good.

    My WOW http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh yes, I'm excited about this one too :D Looks amazing. <3 Great pick Brandi. I hope you'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pick! I can't wait for this one because I really enjoyed Time Between Us by the same author.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved her previous series, so pretty excited for this one, though it is totally different from Time Between Us, be interesting to see how it's handled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am always up for a book about OCD. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like it would be an intense read. I bet there's lots of character growth!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to read this one as well! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, sounds interesting. I suffer from OCD tendencies though, so I tend to shy away from these books in case it gives me something new to obsess about!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sounds interesting, I didn't know about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Every Last Word sounds enchanting, Brandi! I'm definitely adding this to my TBR :) Thanks for sharing!


    I hope you're having a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds so different and good, I hope you enjoy and look forward to hearing about your feelings about it. I may be reading it depending on what you think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. And just long enough away maybe a big enough dent can be made in the tbr pile before it :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. I cannot wait to read this book! *-* The plot is incredible and dark and I just love it! *-*

    Ps. If you'd like, come visit my blog and say hi <3

    Frannie @ In Clouds of Pages

    http://frannieinthepages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. They're so fascinating and make me so glad I'm healthy. Have you read 'Break' by Hannah Moskowitz? It's about a boy that wants to break every bone in his body and it's SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)