Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teaser Tuesday and Tuesday Teaser (from my WIP)

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be ReadingTuesday Teaser is a twist that Melissa at I Swim For Oceans puts on TT, where you shares a few sentences from your WIP.
Here are the rules: Grab your current read. Open to a random page. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page, and BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
Bitter End
Bitter End by Jennifer Brown
"Well I wouldn't mind breaking a leg if it meant a hottie broke my fall."
"Uh-uh, I get dibs on the broken hottie," I said. 

From my work in progress When I Wake
 After a jumping accident, sixteen-year-old Jessie has finally began riding again, and dating her long time crush, Ben, who’s on the fast track to a career in the NHL. But when something terrible happens to Jessie, Ben feels responsible, and both their lives will never be the same.
"God, I’d died and gone to heaven. We swayed and took little steps in a circle. Things only got better when she put her head against my shoulder.
Her hair smelled like cherries, and I inhaled, hoping that scent would stick to me forever. Before I realized what I was doing, I buried my nose into her loose curls. But, oh my god, it smelled even better this close. I led her in small circles, clinging to her like there was no tomorrow."

14 comments:

  1. Awww your teaser is so adorable! I definitely want to know what happens next:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that first one...who wouldn't want a hottie to break their fall?

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. l just love the sound of Bitter End, l want to read it so bad! Your so lucky =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I Wake sounds really good. What a teaser! I hope you enjoy both books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Riding and Hockey! You really can't go wrong there, what a beautiful book cover too! Awesome teasers!

    http://extraordinarybooksblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bitter End sounds good!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teasers. I'm really looking forward to reading Bitter End and your teaser is awesome.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Both of those were good! Yours was truly amazing! Left mt hear pounding with longing!

    Here's my teaser

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your WIP is so adorable, makes me want to read it. I love stories from the Male POV.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are great teasers! I do hope you are enjoying both the books. :) Thank you! As they are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL 'Uh-oh. I get dibs on the broken hottie." - Cute. And yours sounds awesome too; I was already in love with the idea. I can't wait to read it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)