Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday 3/13


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
You Look Different in Real Life

The premise was simple: five kids, just living their lives. There’d be a new movie about them every five years, starting in kindergarten. But no one could have predicted what the cameras would capture. And no one could have predicted that Justine would be the star. Now sixteen, Justine doesn’t feel like a star anymore. In fact, when she hears the crew has gotten the green light to film "Five at Sixteen," all she feels is dread. The kids who shared the same table in kindergarten have become teenagers who hardly know one another. And Justine, who was so funny and edgy in the first two movies, just feels like a disappointment. But these teens have a bond that goes deeper than what’s on film. They’ve all shared the painful details of their lives with countless viewers. They all know how it feels to have fans as well as friends. So when this latest movie gives them the chance to reunite, Justine and her costars are going to take it. Because sometimes, the only way to see yourself is through someone else’s eyes.

Smart, fresh, and frequently funny, “You Look Different in Real Life” is a piercing novel about life in an age where the lines between what’s personal and what’s public aren’t always clear.

Releases: June 4th 2013 by HarperTeen

What are you waiting on?

25 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. I think I have this one, haven't read it though. :( Nice pick...

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW #40

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of that one but hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read a book by the author before, but I've been really curious about a few of her books :)

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really watch reality television myself but I love reading about it and this is one I'm definitely anticipating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read this one already and it actually is so good, and really heartwarming and sweet, you'll enjoy it!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I haven't seen this book before. I have heard about this author but I haven't read any of her books. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds kinda crazy! I'd hate to have film crews following me around like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds really interesting. I haven't read any books based around 'reality-tv' type things. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A new Jennifer Castle?! What rock have I been living under? :-)

    Thanks for enlightening me, I definitely need to add this to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like what's shared on the book summary - hope you'll enjoy reading it when you get your copy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh! This is on my TBR too, Brandi! It looks really awesome, and I hope that you get a chance to read it soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reality TV gone bookish, sounds interesting.

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm intrigued by this one. I loved the author's first book. But I haven't always enjoyed books about reality TV shows (loses something in the translation) so we will see. Great pick!

    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recently heard about this one and it sounds so interesting! There was something similar to this in real life where a study checked in on a bunch of different people every so many years. I like the reality TV show angle! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never read anything by Jennifer Castle! Looks interesting. I hope you enjoy this one when you get to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. " Plus she smells like an Almond Joy bar." Love it! lol

    I love when a book takes you by surprise. This sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haven't heard of this one, but yet again sound interesting. That whole filming of their lives put together :D
    Thanks for sharing!

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  18. O.o this sounds like a good read. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haven't read of this either but the author sounds familiar for some reason. Have to keep my eye on this one! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds super interesting! I'll have to check this out. Thanks for sharing this! :D

    ~ Maida
    Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks like a very good story. I hadn't heard of it, I'll add it to my TBR

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds pretty interesting, hope you enjoy reading when you get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the cover :D Seems like an amazing book. I hope you will enjoy it when it comes out ;) Thank you for sharing. <3
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh... a little bit of a wait, hopefully you might pick it up earlier!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)