Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday 3/20


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
A Trick of the Light

Mike Welles had everything under control. He was a good student, an outfielder on the baseball team, a good son, a loyal friend. But that was before. Now things are rough at home, and they’re getting confusing at school. He’s losing his sense of direction, and he feels like a mess.

Then there’s a voice in his head. A friend, trying to help him regain control. More than that: The voice can guide him to be better and stronger than he was before, to rid his life of everything holding him back. To figure out who he is again. If only Mike will listen.

Writing with devastating power and precision, acclaimed author Lois Metzger gives us the story of one young man’s battle with his own shadows—a spare, stark, and vital tale of the way in which the things we build to protect ourselves can threaten to destroy us.

Releases: June 18th 2013 by Balzer + Bray

What are you waiting on?


26 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this one! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting - I've never heard of this book! But then, I have heard of a lot of books that you read! But I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it :)

    Here is my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now this sounds interesting :) I haven't seen this book before. I hope you'll enjoy it :) Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time hearing of this, but it sounds awesome! :)

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting! I have not heard of this one, but it sounds good....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huh. I don't know quite what do make of this from the synopsis. A voice - like schizophrenia or an actual voice?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds good. I hope that you get to read it soon, Brandi! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really interesting - great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh haven't heard of this one before. Hope you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds very good! I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow-this looks kind of dark and very intense. I definitely want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds excellent, and a little creepy! Great pick :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been hearing more about this one lately and can't wait to see some reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  15. New to me and it sounds like a good psych/mental novel!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this sounds so good. My son is an outfielder and great kid too so this kind of hits me. Very intriguing about what these voices could be about. Thank you so much for stopping by my WoW. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haven't heard of this one before but I'm intrigued by the book summary. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice book, sounds like a good story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard of this until now, but it sounds good from the blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I havent heard of this before but it sounds interesting. Great pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh, I think I may have to give this one a try too! Great pick! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  22. Never heard of this before, but it looks awesome :D Hope you'll enjoy it lots ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)