Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
Faking Normal
Releases: February 25th 2014 by HarperCollins Children's Books
An edgy, realistic, and utterly captivating novel from an exciting new voice in teen fiction.

Alexi Littrell hasn't told anyone what happened to her over the summer. Ashamed and embarrassed, she hides in her closet and compulsively scratches the back of her neck, trying to make the outside hurt more than the inside does.

When Bodee Lennox, the quiet and awkward boy next door, comes to live with the Littrells, Alexi discovers an unlikely friend in "the Kool-Aid Kid," who has secrets of his own. As they lean on each other for support, Alexi gives him the strength to deal with his past, and Bodee helps her find the courage to finally face the truth.

A searing, poignant book, Faking Normal is the extraordinary debut novel from an exciting new author-Courtney C. Stevens.(


What are you waiting on?

Follow on Bloglovin

19 comments:

  1. This sounds like a sweet, emotional read. Def adding it to my tbr. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Been seeing a lot of this one lately!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this one around and it sounds like something I should read, but I think I'll wait and see the reactions. Hope you'll enjoy it. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard such good things about this one! Can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just downloaded it to read, and I hope that's it's going to be amazing. I've heard some good things about Faking Normal, so I hope it's really good for the both of us!

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love realistic stories :) This sounds really good! Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this on my TBR list as well and I was able to get an eARC of this so I'm really excited to get read it. So I hope you get to enjoy once it comes out.

    Here's my WoW

    Jenn @ Books and Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this on my tbr and I can't wait to read it! I hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pick :D I have already read it, and I loved it. <3 hope you will too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you read this soon because I want to know what happened to her last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard amazing things about this, can't wait to read it! :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds good Brandi, emotional and sweet. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pick! I think I might enjoy this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a nice choice! So pretty!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh it could be nice! didn't know this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Things sounds like it could be a great read, it's definitely being added to my TBR list :)

    - Wattle @ Whimsical Nature

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pick!! I can't wait for this one either. It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)