Sunday, June 13, 2010

IMMB 7

IMMB is brought to you by Kristi at The Story Siren.

Own: (links will take you to Goodreads, and descriptions are taken from there too)

~Vampire Academy: (I am re-reading this series, and can't say enough good things.) St. Vladimir’ s Academy isn’t just any boarding school—it’s a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They’ve been on the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St. Vladimir’s—the very place where they’re most in danger. . . .
Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy’s ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi—the world’s fiercest and most dangerous vampires—make Lissa one of them forever.

~Frostbite:  Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose...
It's winter break at St. Vladimir's, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy's crawling with Guardians--including Rose's hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if handto- hand combat with her mom wasn't bad enough, Rose's tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason's got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa's head while she's making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy's not taking any risks....This year, St. Vlad's annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.
But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price...

~Shadow Kiss: Is Rose's fate to kill the person she loves most? It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since Mason's death, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She has dark flashbacks in the middle of practice, can't concentrate in class, and has terrifying dreams about Lissa. But Rose has an even bigger secret .... She's in love with Dimitri. And this time, it-s way more than a crush. Then Strigoi target the academy in the deadliest attack in Moroi history, and Dimitri is taken. Rose must protect Lissa at all costs, but keeping her best friend safe could mean losing Dimitri forever...

From the library:
~Still sucks to be me: With vampire boyfriend George and best friend Serena by her side, Mina thought she had her whole life—or rather afterlife—ahead of her. But then Mina’s parents drop a bomb. They’re moving. To Louisiana. And not somewhere cool like New Orleans, but some teeny, tiny town where cheerleaders and jocks rule the school. Mina has to fake her death, change her name, and leave everything behind, including George and Serena. Not even the Vampire Council’s shape-shifting classes can cheer her up. Then Serena shows up on Mina’s doorstep with some news that sends Mina reeling. Mina may look a lot better with fangs, but her afterlife isn’t any less complicated!


Additionally-- When I reach 50 followers (only 21 away) I will be holding another contest! It will be choice of signed copy of Perfect Chemistry or a $5 amazon gift card! So click follow, or tell your friends :D 

37 comments:

  1. Hi!
    They all sound like good books. Enjoy! Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the urge to reread the Vampire Academy books too! I think I'll wait until before the last one comes out though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i liked book 1 of the vampire academy and am overdue on reading book 2. glad to hear it's good enough to read a second time around. happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books this week :)

    Enjoy re-reading the VA series, it's a great one. I have Blood Promise here waiting to be read, just having another one of those so many books, so little time,... er, times! lol

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to start the Vampire Academy series. I've heard a lot of great reviews! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep hearing great things about Vampire Academy. I'm just hesitant to get into another series when there are so many other great books I need to read first. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

    Cindy @BooksCompleteMe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of good buzz about all 4 books. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good stuff! I've considered reading Vampire Academy but I'm still somewhat undecided

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read the Vampire Academy series yet, but I do own the first book. I'm excited to read it :) Happy Reading!!

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a big VA series fan too!=)

    I am a follower already but would love to enter to win a signed copy of PC- I LOVE IT!!!!!
    crossing my fingers you get to 50!=)

    Enjoy your reads this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a big VA series fan too!=)

    I am a follower already but would love to enter to win a signed copy of PC- I LOVE IT!!!!!
    crossing my fingers you get to 50!=)

    Enjoy your reads this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the VA series too! I have the fifth to jump into as soon as I can. All good titles. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you got some fun reads! Thanks for visiting The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I should start reading vampire academy! happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like we are both interested in Vampire Academy! I just bought the rest of the series yesterday and look forward to getting to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. While I really want to reread the VA books, but I think I need to wait until closer until the release of Last Sacrifice.

    Have fun rereading them!!

    Who do you want her to end up with? D or A?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great haul! I absolutely love the VA series! So, so good! Dimitri and Adria, gotta love them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to re-read all my favorite series too, it's like visiting old friends..... Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I had just read SB- and the other books were farther in my mind I was rooting for Adrian, but going back through, I am remembering the D that I loved and their chemistry-- so I am on the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Vampire Academy Series! Hope you enjoy all your books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great books this week! I haven’t read the VA series, but I love Richelle Mead’s Georgina Kincaid and Dark Swan series.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love love love the Vampire Academy series!! I just finished the Spirit Bound. So good!

    Great books :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm yet another fan of the Vampire Academy series too. They deserve all the praise they get. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've only read the first in the series...think I'm one of the few that I just haven't been able to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've only read the first Vampire Academy. It was good though! I really need to get the second one! Looks like a great week of books!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ah, I love Vampire Academy too!! I don't want it to end. At the same time I kind of do just so I can have some closure but I feel like Richelle Mead might kill someone I like :(

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi! I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I've awarded you a Versatile Blogger Award! Click Here!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I've yet to read the Vampire Academy series. Everyone seems to love it though, so I should probably pick it up =) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey, I'm a new follower! Thanks for coming by mine earlier! I love the Vampire Academy series! I'm currently reading Spirit Bound!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the VA series. It's beyond amazing. Hope you enjoy the re-read!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great books! I still need to read the Vampire Academy series.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Enjoy your wonderful books, glad you stopped by mine!!!

    jackie b :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm just the same - I LOVE these books! :-) Have fun!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. I haven't actually read the Vampire Academy series yet, but have been dying to do so for a long time now. :) Will definitely be adding them to my to read list :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great selection of books you have this week. I have read the first book but unfortunately I am going to be waiting a while from my local library to read Frostbite as it's been reserved lots of times :( But eventually I will get to read it and can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great books! VA is awesome and Sucks to be me sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    You also have some great books to keep you company this week.

    Excited to read your reviews.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)