Saturday, June 19, 2010

Review: Jekel loves Hyde by Fantaskey

Jekel loves Hyde

Description from Goodreads.com

"Jill Jekel has always obeyed her parents’ rules – especially the one about never opening the mysterious, old box in her father’s office. But when her dad is murdered, and her college savings disappear, she's tempted to peek inside, as the contents might be key to a lucrative chemistry scholarship.

To better her odds, Jill enlists the help of gorgeous, brooding Tristen Hyde, who has his own dark secrets locked away. As the team of Jekel and Hyde, they recreate experiments based on the classic novel, hoping not only to win a prize, but to save Tristen’s sanity. Maybe his life. But Jill’s accidental taste of a formula unleashes her darkest nature and compels her to risk everything – even Tristen’s love – just for the thrill of being… bad."

**My rating 4/5**

*My review*

I have a crush on Tristen. LOL. In my opinion, Beth got him just right. The mix of hot guy battling with dark side, and he is a musician to boot. I also relate with Jill since she is shy, insecure and smart, and as the novel progresses she grows into herself, partly because of Tristan, helping and being there for him, and partly because of coming to terms with her father's murder.

Minor spoilers- highlight to read

However, I hate how she so easily gave into taking the formula, and her little outburst with the chemistry teacher.
It did tie up nicely in the epilogue and give me a HEA, which I love.



Tell me your thoughts, I would love to hear them! If you want to link your review, I will read and comment.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to read Jekel Loves Hyde!!! I really enjoyed Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side, so I am excited for more of Beth Fantaskey's work! Thanks for the review!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this! I was ify on it after reading the chapter 1 bit on Beth's website but your review has me sold! And I did love her first novel. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you already know my thoughts as I found this review after you commented on mine! I agree though, she was a little too quick to take it, but it sounded from the other assistant guy like it was addictive? So maybe after getting a taste she was more likely to take it because she was slightly addicted to it? Not sure!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)