The Mainframe by Simone Pond
The Mainframe is the latest addition to the New Agenda book series.
A dystopian book series about love and the fight for freedom.
The hunt for Morray continues . . . Book three picks up in the year 2345, seventeen years after the disappearance of former city center leader, Chief Morray. There has been peace among the West Coast regions for years, but in Ojai Village there is very little peace between Ava and her sixteen-year old daughter Grace. Both have different ideas about what it takes to maintain independence. Ava spends hours inside the mainframe searching for Morray, while Grace focuses on the art of combat. Grace’s dream is to get accepted into the Silicon Valley Academy and become a soldier like her father General Joseph Strader. During tryouts for the academy Grace comes across some digital footprints inside the mainframe, convincing Ava that Morray has returned to seek revenge and reclaim control. When Ava goes missing, Grace assembles a motley crew of cadets to go on a search and rescue mission up north in Seattle to save her mother and take down Morray. Grace soon learns that independence comes at a price.
Guest Post by Simone Pond, Author of The Mainframe (Book 3 New Agenda Series)
My name is Grace Strader. I live in Ojai Village, I’m sixteen years old and the year is 2345. I’m a master with the sword. Been training since I was a kid. I’m pretty sure I’d win any battle, as long as it’s not in one of those lame virtuals. As much as I love sword fighting, I can’t stand the sight of blood. My mom is the infamous Ava Rhodes, the woman who saved her people from their tyrannical city center leader, Chief Morray. My father is General Joseph Strader and he oversees the West Coast military region. Being a general’s daughter, I haven’t had much luck with boys, well, that is until I meet Lucas.
Here’s my list of ten things I did and shouldn’t have, or wish I would’ve done differently. Hindsight is always 20-20.
1) Sneaking to New Los Angeles the day before academy tryouts.
2) Telling Marion that I thought Lucas was cute - now that’s all she talks about.
3) As much as I hate to say it, I should’ve listened to my mom when she told me to study more for the mainframe exams.
4) I wish Blythe didn’t know how much blood grosses me out. She knows my weak spot and constantly uses it against me.
5) I knew better than taking my eyes off of Lucas during our sword fight. The gash on my forehead will probably leave a scar.
6) I regret how poorly I did in my aptitude test and not getting to be team leader. Now I have to answer to Lucas, the guy I’m crushing on.
7) I spent way too much money on my dress for the gala event, but it’s the prettiest dress I’ve ever seen.
8) I regret not staying out on the rooftop dancing with Lucas under the moonlight just a little longer.
9) I shouldn’t have made a promise to Cari and her people for something I might not be able to pull off.
10) I feel badly about fighting with my mom all the time. What if I never see her again?
Amazon page: amazon.com/author/simonepond
Mailing List: http://eepurl.com/CW_-5
Giveaway is for: ebook of The Mainframe by Simone Pond
If under 18, must have parent's permission.
No Purchase Necessary
The Sponsor: author
Winners will be chosen by giveaway host and notified by email. They will have 48 hours to respond.
Email addresses or physical addresses or any personal information will not be sold
Liability: Brandi Breathes Books is not responsible for lost or stolen packages
Brandi Breathes Books Giveaways are hosted in Holly Springs, NC USA
Void where prohibited by law
-If you win a review on your blog and/or amazon is appreciated but not required.
*If, for whatever reason, the Rafflecopter widget does not appear, you can click on the link where it says rafflecopter giveaway and it will show up, sorry for the inconvenience.
a Rafflecopter giveaway