Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday, WoW


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
Denton Little's Deathdate
Denton Little's Deathdate takes place in a world exactly like our own except that everyone knows the day they will die. For 17-year-old Denton Little, that's tomorrow, the day of his senior prom.

Despite his early deathdate, Denton has always wanted to live a normal life, but his final days are filled with dramatic firsts. First hangover. First sex. First love triangle (as the first sex seems to have happened not with his adoring girlfriend, but with his best friend's hostile sister. Though he's not totally sure. See: first hangover.) His anxiety builds when he discovers a strange purple rash making its way up his body. Is this what will kill him? And then a strange man shows up at his funeral, claiming to have known Denton's long-deceased mother, and warning him to beware of suspicious government characters…. Suddenly Denton's life is filled with mysterious questions and precious little time to find the answers.

Debut author Lance Rubin takes us on a fast, furious, and outrageously funny ride through the last hours of a teenager's life as he searches for love, meaning, answers, and (just maybe) a way to live on


Releases: April 14th 2015 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

What are you waiting on?

21 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this one before, but the title definitely has me interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally new to me one as well! Hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound really good. Thanks for sharing!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, to know the exact day you'll die - I'm not sure I'd like to be Denton. And yet far from being depressing this does sound like the author has indeed pulled it off as a fun read.

    http://pettywitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a thrill ride...and a bit sad, too. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine:

    “THE DREAM LOVER”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a cute book :D I hope you will love it when you get to read it Brandi. <3 Awesome pick. Thank you for sharing about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First saw this on It Starts at Midnight, sounds different, though I'd hate to know when I'd die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I saw this on someones blog the other day. Poor Denton - things sound messed up lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you get your hands on it soon. It looks good. here's mine

    My $30 giveaway is still going if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am hoping this one pans out, I have a copy. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this one sounds interesting! Hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, nice pick, Brandi! Denton sounds like an interesting character to follow - even if it might be for a very short time...
    Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to read this also. I hope we both enjoy it!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow... this sounds intriguing... I'm sure he will make the most of it!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is new to me, and it sounds like a fun story with Denton's character. Hope you enjoy:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of this book! I hope you enjoy this book when you read it! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this one is new to me. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't heard of this one, but it does sound really interesting!! Good Pick!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)