Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
 In the After
They hear the most silent of footsteps.
They are faster than anything you've ever seen.
And They won't stop chasing you...until you are dead.

Amy is watching TV when it happens, when the world is attacked by Them. These vile creatures are rapidly devouring mankind. Most of the population is overtaken, but Amy manages to escape—and even rescue “Baby,” a toddler left behind in the chaos. Marooned in Amy’s house, the girls do everything they can to survive—and avoid Them at all costs.

After years of hiding, they are miraculously rescued and taken to New Hope, a colony of survivors living in a former government research compound. While at first the colony seems like a dream with plenty of food, safety, and shelter, New Hope slowly reveals that it is far from ideal. And Amy soon realizes that unless things change, she’ll lose Baby—and much more.

Rebellious, courageous, and tender, this unforgettable duo will have you on the edge of your seat as you tear through the pulse-pounding narrow escapes and horrifying twists of fate in this thrilling debut from author Demitria Lunetta.

Releases: June 25th 2013 by Harper Teen

What are you waiting on?


34 comments:

  1. That's new to me! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this a few weeks ago, and although I enjoyed the first half the second half was somewhat disappointing. Hope you enjoy it more then I did when you pick it up, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so intense and I like that it is covering a span of years. Sometimes YA novels take place just over a few days but so much more can happen over the course of, say, a decade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NIce pick! In the After sounds sooo intense. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds really good Brandi. I hadn't heard of this one before but it's going on the tbr now. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an interesting one! I haven't read too many of these type of books, but I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want this one so badly. Doesn't it sounds awesome?!?! Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes, yes! I can't wait to read this one! I remember when she was one of my first facebook friends and I had no idea what facebook was! I cannot wait to read her book!!! This sounds so scary, I know I'm gonna have to sleep with the lights on or closer to my husband. Probably both! lol

    Really great pick!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh interesting pick, haven't heard of this one before! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I didn't know this one but I like the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one sounds cool - I've read lots of good thrillers lately.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I'm surprise I haven't heard of this one yet. Sounds good! Here’s my WoW post!
    ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

    ReplyDelete
  13. Already have this on my TBR list. Great pick! I can't wait to read it. Thank you for stopping by My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of this one. This is why I love WOW! Sounds like an intense dystopian. Thanks for stopping by.
    Jess@FueledbyFiction

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had this one my WoW a few weeks ago, it looks really awesome. I can't wait to read it, great pick1

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds really intriguing and creepy. I wonder what those things are.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great pick, I want it!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds suspenseful! Hope you'll be able to read it soon. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooo, I have this one from Edelweiss! One more Edelweiss request I simply MUST catch up on. Great choice! :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds really good and intense! Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I really like the sound of this one. There is quite a bit going on here and seems like an awesome Dystopian. Thank you so much for stopping by my WoW. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eek, YES!! Definitely waiting on this one too. I'm really looking forward to seeing some early reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't heard of this one but sounds really good! I hope you'll enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This one sounds awesome! And really scary, LOL. I love how we both picked dark dystopians! (: Happy reading, Brandi! <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow -- this one sounds scary for me. But great pick -- I hadn't heard of it. Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  27. I always enjoy books where the place of rescue turns out to have dark edges! Great pick :)
    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Interesting Wow!! Sounds a little intense!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)