Monday, November 26, 2012

Review: Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter

Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2)
Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter
Step into the world of Shadow Falls, a camp that helps teens tap into their special…talents. Once you visit, you’ll never forget it—and you’ll never, ever be the same.
From the moment Kylie Galen arrived at Shadow Falls Camp, she’s had one burning question: What am I? Surrounded by vampires, werewolves, shape-shifters, fairies and witches, Kylie longs to figure out her own supernatural identity…and what her burgeoning powers mean. And now she’ll need them more than ever, because she’s being haunted by a new spirit who insists that someone Kylie knows—and loves—will die before the end of the summer. If only she only knew who she was supposed to save. And how…
But giving Kylie the most trouble is her aching heart. Gorgeous werewolf Lucas left camp with another girl, but he’s still visiting Kylie in her dreams. And Derek, a sexy half Fae who’s always been there for her when she needed him, is pushing to get more serious—and growing impatient, especially when Lucas returns. Kylie knows she needs to decide between the boys, and it’s tearing her up inside.
Yet romance will have to wait, because something from the dark side of the supernatural world is hiding in Shadow Falls. It’s about to threaten everything she holds dear…and bring her closer to her destiny.
”add
Publishes in US: Oct 11 2011
Source: Bought

Books in series-- all except chosen are already released: Born at Midnight See my Review HERE  : Turned at Dark : Awake at Dawn Taken at Dusk : Whispers at Moonrise : Chosen at Nightfall (April 2013)

Buy:
Amazon.com Barnes & Noble Katy Budget Books iBooks Book Depository

Find C.C. Hunter online:
Website  twitter

Trailer: 



Blkosiner's Book Blog review

    Though a few of the details were fuzzy, it did not take me long to dive back into Kylie's world and character. I love her voice, the sarcasm, the emotion and the kindness and loyalty to her friends. She wants and needs answers, and she takes the avoidance tactic, which I am so familiar with. I really connected with her in the feeling like an outcast at times though. That is a theme in this book and it feels like a theme in my own life. But I really like how she deals with it, and it is so well written how she makes friendships and slowly builds them.
   And oh the drama in here, there are scenes I totally loved, and could imagine so clearly. Shifter fight anyone? Make out session? Oh yes, please. C.C.'s style is great and she draws me right into the world of Shadow Falls. The range of supernatural all in one place, working together is awesome, as well as the set-up with the tension and the antagonists.
    It's awesome to watch Kylie come into herself and figure out exactly what she is, and it leaves me with questions and speculations. I also liked how she made better decisions for herself instead of being weak, even when it was hard.
     I love this series and can't wait to make time in my schedule to read the rest!

My question to you, my lovely readers:
If you had the chance, which paranormal creature would you want to be?

25 comments:

  1. What a tough question! I'm not sure what I would choose.
    I've been meaning to start this series for ages. I think I even have a prequel novella on my kindle. I'm really glad you enjoyed Awake at Dawn. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose some sort of a witch -- so I could cast spells and reward those who deserve it, and, well... punish those who need it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read this series but I'm glad you enjoyed it :) I'll need to check it out soon!
    World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a series I've been meaning to check out I hear it's pretty good. I think I would love to be a witch or a vampire for their longevity! >.< Definitly not a werewolf. I don't wanna have fur!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, good makeout scenes and sarcasm? I'm all over that. I've heard good things about this series, and definitely need to check it out when I can.

    I would want to be a shifter, so that I can be animal, but none of this were stuck in between business!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of this series, and its new to me, but the characters, sarcasm and plot sound cool. I'd totally wanna be a vampire..then i could read for ever, no what my tbr pile would grow forever too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, sarcasm is great... and I love your comment about trb...
      At least there is no sleep, right?

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this series. I love the writing style of C.C. Hunter. I love how the paranormal creatures learn to live under the same roof :)

    If I had a chance, I'd want to be the same kind as what Kylie is (I don't want to offer spoiler here but there is a name to the kind of paranormal creature that Kylie is and it's super cool!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this book but the cover is just beautiful and your review has me v.intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read 'Turned At Dark'the prequel #.5 awhile back. I keep telling myself to pick up and start this series as I hear great things. I even subscribe to the author. Your review has got me inspired to pick up this series and continue. I actually got book 1 from library other month but didn't get around to reading in time. So I must!!

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read this series, yet. It sounds so good, and your review was great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't started this series yet, but I see them everywhere and it seems like most everyone (that I've noticed anyway) likes them. I haven't had a strong urge to read them for some reason, but I may need to watch for the first one since the MC sounds like one I might like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am def no where near caught up but I got the first as an arc and loved it.

      Delete
  13. For some reason, this book never really caught my attention, but I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :-) Thanks to your review, though, I might have to rethink my decision on whether to be interested or not in it!

    Thanks, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would probably like to be a witch, because they don't have to shapeshift, but can if they cast a spell + thet're not driven by the hunger of blood. And immortality isn't that great when everyone you love will die and you get to live forever. I'm glad you liked this! Hope you'll like the rest of them too:)

    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read this series but from your review sounds really good. I have to give it a chance then :)
    And to answer your question. I'd want to be an angel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's really nice when you see growth in the main character. It makes you connect with them and enjoy the story so much more. Great review Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love sarcastic characters. I really connect with them for some reason. This is my first time hearing of this series.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)