Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 11/14


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
The Different Girl
Four nearly identical girls on a desert island. An unexpected new arrival. A gently warped near future where nothing is quite as it seems.
Veronika. Caroline. Isobel. Eleanor. One blond, one brunette, one redhead, one with hair black as tar. Four otherwise identical girls who spend their days in sync, tasked to learn. But when May, a very different kind of girl—the lone survivor of a recent shipwreck—suddenly and mysteriously arrives on the island, an unsettling mirror is about to be held up to the life the girls have never before questioned.
Sly and unsettling, Gordon Dahlquist’s timeless and evocative storytelling blurs the lines between contemporary and sci-fi with a story that is sure to linger in readers’ minds long after the final page has been turned.
Releases: Feb 1st 2013

What are you waiting on?

23 comments:

  1. This sounds so mysterious! Very curious how these girls got on this island!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this one. Does sound pretty mysterious!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting tease on the blurb-blurring the line between sci-fi and contemporary. Since I love the former genre, I'm very intrigued by this story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this before but I am definitely adding it to my wish list. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    Tiffany @ Book Cover Justice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick! This sounds very mysterious and a bit creepy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this one the other day on Netgalley and it totally grabbed my attention! Great pick!

    Our WoW for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Storytelling blurs the lines between contemporary and sci-fi? Hmm, could be interesting but then again ...... Perhaps one I'd pick up if I saw it on the library shelves but not a book I'd probably buy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This definitely sounds interesting, although I might wait for a few reviews before picking it up myself. :) Hope you'll like it!

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one looks really interesting! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm I've never heard of this one but it sounds really interesting! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woha wait...this sounds so unusual. I love it. Haven't seen this book before. Can't wait to see your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds mysterious... Nice pick... Thank you for stopping by...


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds fantastic! I love the cover and think it sounds pretty exciting. Brilliant pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haven't heard of this before but this certainly sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that sounds really creepy. Could be very very good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pick! I just heard about this one recently and thought that it does sound really good. I'm definitely looking forward to it!

    Thanks for visiting my post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have this on NG , so it does sound very interesting. Lovely Choice!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hadn't heard of this one before! It sounds really cool! And maybe a little creepy and mysterious. Awesome choice!

    Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm really curious about this one as well! Science fiction rocks, and the cover entertains me.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)