Monday, November 5, 2012

DNF: Speed of Light


I wrote a post awhile back about negative reviews, and how I don't review if I don't finish, and a very wise blogger pointed out that knowing what a blogger doesn't like can be valuable to publishers and authors too. Then another blogger mentioned she did a did not finish post and I thought it was a great idea. So, here we go:


Speed of Light (Fenestra, #3)

Why I did not finish:
Could not remember enough to connect with meridian. Felt like being told too much rather than getting into plot.
Also, in the arc the formatting wasn't well done and it was distracting

That isn't to say that the writing is poor or the characters are poorly constructed, it's personal on my end.
I'd love to see if you have a great review of this book and what you loved about it.


6 comments:

  1. I like the idea of this dnf post! Thanks for the review:)
    -Danna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you -- I don't finish if I'm not connecting with the book, and I don't review if I don't finish.
    But I've also toyed with the idea of doing a post about the DNF's....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the dnf :( That sucks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like to see what others haven't liked and why. It helps me to know just how in line our tastes are. (Not that anyone ever matches up perfectly, but...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of this kind of post!! Maybe I'll do something similar in my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a great idea. I love how I can actually have an insight about a book!well done

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)