Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WoW, waiting on wednesday,


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
Far From You
Sophie Winters nearly died. Twice.

The first time, she's fourteen, and escapes a near-fatal car accident with scars, a bum leg, and an addiction to Oxy that'll take years to kick.

The second time, she's seventeen, and it's no accident. Sophie and her best friend Mina are confronted by a masked man in the woods. Sophie survives, but Mina is not so lucky. When the cops deem Mina's murder a drug deal gone wrong, casting partial blame on Sophie, no one will believe the truth: Sophie has been clean for months, and it was Mina who led her into the woods that night for a meeting shrouded in mystery.

After a forced stint in rehab, Sophie returns home to a chilly new reality. Mina's brother won't speak to her, her parents fear she'll relapse, old friends have become enemies, and Sophie has to learn how to live without her other half. To make matters worse, no one is looking in the right places and Sophie must search for Mina's murderer on her own. But with every step, Sophie comes closer to revealing all: about herself, about Mina and about the secret they shared

Expected publication: April 8th 2014 by Disney-Hyperion

What are you waiting on?Follow on Bloglovin

29 comments:

  1. Nice! Seeing a LOT of this one! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one around. Not for me but hope you enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a good one! That first line of the synopsis really grabs you!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. The synopsis for Far From You really caught my attention, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of the mystery in this one! Can't wait to see what you think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really good. I hadn't even heard of it before. Where the heck have I been???

    Great pick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I am really looking forward to this one!
    By the way i'm loving the blog, just added 2 books to my TBR so thanks!

    I'd really like it if you checked out my blog @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    Im a new blogger and would really appreciate the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this book before, but I've not heard much about it. I hope you enjoy it :)

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the sound of this book and it sounds really interesting. Hope you'll enjoy it :) Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first time I've seen this one I think, but it sounds really good. Definitely different from what I normally read. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like books full of secrets and suspense, so this one sounds like a good one to put on my list. Great pick! My WoW.

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually got that one from NetGalley! I still have to read it though. Can't wait to see the final cover!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh I love the sound of this. YA mystery and all that is my new thing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen this one a couple of times and it sounds a bit heartbreaking. Still it's very intriguing and I have to know why Mina led Sophie into the woods. So I'll be putting this one on my TBR! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick! I'm excited for this one too. I have it coming up soon for review... I hope we both love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm excited to read this one too. I hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds very suspenseful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm also very excited for this one. Great WoW choice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This sounds awesome! Will have to check it out myself!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm pretty stoked about this one too! Great choice! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds like a psychological thriller, actually. A bit creepy. I think I'll love it.
    Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have this ARC on my Kindle and I can't wait to read it! I'm trying to be good though and wait closer to the release date. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks so good! I haven't heard much about it :)
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome pick! I can't wait for this book!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)