Wednesday, January 22, 2014

WoW, waiting on wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
Nantucket Red (Nantucket, #2)
Cricket Thompson's lifetime of overachieving has paid off: she's headed to Brown University in the fall, with a spot on the lacrosse team and a scholarship that covers almost everything. Who knew living in the dorm cost money? An Ivy League education seems to mean living at home for the next four years.

When Cricket is offered the chance to earn enough cash to afford a real college experience, she heads back to Nantucket for the summer. But the faraway island challenges Cricket in ways she hadn't anticipated. It's hard to focus on earning money for next year, when she finds her world opening up in entirely new ways-to art, to travel, and, most unexpectedly, to a future completely different from the one she has been working toward her whole life. A friendship blossoms with Ben, the gorgeous surfer and bartender who encourages Cricket to be free, even as she smarts at the pain of seeing Zack, her first love, falling for her worst enemy.

But one night, when Cricket finally lets herself break all her own rules, she realizes she may have ruined her carefully constructed future with one impulsive decision. Cricket must dig deep to fight for her future, discovering that success isn't just about reaching goals, but also about listening to what she's been trying to ignore-her own heart.

Expected publication: May 13th 2014 by Disney-Hyperion

What are you waiting on?Follow on Bloglovin

19 comments:

  1. I was conflicted about how I felt about Nantucket Blue. I thought it was good but I wasn't in love, but I'm super excited about Nantucket Red. I'm so curious about what happens next. Great pick!

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not read the first one, but I do remember seeing a lot about it :) Great pick and I hope you get your hands on it!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick!! I still need to read NANTUCKET BLUE. I've heard it was really good!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not heard of these books, but they sound awesome :D I hope you will love this sequel. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's new to me! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had Nantucket Blue on my list for a while, but after reading this one, I think it is going to move way up my list so I can devour this book when it comes out! Thanks for the share!

    Here's my WoW
    Amber @ Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in the mood for something like this. I don't have this book in particular but I think I will read another contemporary romance today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well what happened in the year at school with Cricket and Zach? That's the book I want to read!! I hope this one explains things. Good pick! I didn't know this one was coming out yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Nantucket Blue. So I'm kind of hoping that this book will be very good. Awesome WOW pick.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really loved Nantucket Blue so I'll definitely be reading this one. Great WoW choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i heard such great things about nantucket blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't realize this was going to be a series! I must pick up the first book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES! I enjoyed Nantucket Blue and I can't wait to read this one. I hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had a lot of mixed feelings about Nantucket Blue so I'm unsure if I will want to continue this series. The characters were just kind of frustrating to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'mtrying to remember what book 1 is, but it doesn't ring a bell

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard the first book is fantastic, so I hope you enjoy this one when you get to read it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)