Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
Deception (Defiance, #2)

Baalboden has been ravaged. The brutal Commander's whereabouts are unknown. And Rachel, grief stricken over her father's death, needs Logan more than ever. With their ragged group of survivors struggling to forge a future, it's up to Logan to become the leader they need—with Rachel by his side. Under constant threat from rival Carrington's army, who is after the device that controls the Cursed One, the group decides to abandon the ruins of their home and take their chances in the Wasteland.


But soon their problems intensify tenfold: someone—possibly inside their ranks—is sabotaging the survivors, picking them off one by one. The chaos and uncertainty of each day puts unbearable strain on Rachel and Logan, and it isn't long before they feel their love splintering. Even worse, as it becomes clear that the Commander will stop at nothing to destroy them, the band of survivors begins to question whether the price of freedom may be too great—and whether, hunted by their enemies and the murderous traitor in their midst, they can make it out of the Wasteland alive.
In this daring sequel to Defiance, with the world they once loved forever destroyed, Rachel and Logan must decide between a life on the run and standing their ground to fight.
Releases: August 27th 2013 by Balzer + Bray
What are you waiting on?

21 comments:

  1. I've not read the first book, but I'm really curious about it :) Great pick!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pick! Couldn't get into this series myself but still hope you enjoy this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooo waiting for this one to! I really liked Defiance, and I'm hoping this next book will be just as good! Great pick, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Defiance! Can't wait for this too. Awesome pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I still haven't read the first book in this series but I really want to. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to this one, too! I really enjoyed Defiance....

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Defiance was a pretty good read for me, so I'm totally looking forward to the sequel as well! I love how the covers match with each other - they're gorgeous, really. Great pick, Brandi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Defiance in my stack of library books! I can't wait to read it so I can be in the Deception hype as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS ONE EITHER!!! AHHH!! :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read the first! :) Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to get my hands on this one!!!
    Awesome pick!!

    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the Book Crazed Girl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice pick, Brandi! A lot if readers are looking forward to this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another series I haven't started yet, so many good ones!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just bought a copy of the first book! I hope I can catch up soon. Great pick! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gah, I still need to start this series! I have heard really good things! Great pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh!!! Great choice! Defiance is on my TBR list! Must get into it!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Deception is definitely on my WOW list, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't read the first book yet so I'm not waiting for its sequel but I've seen a lot of excitement for the series which makes me eager to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh yess. Dying to read this book :D Kind of hoping it will be better than the first one (A) Hih. Hope you'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)