Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:
3:59
Josie Byrne's life is spiraling out of control. Her parents are divorcing, her boyfriend Nick has grown distant, and her physics teacher has it in for her. When she's betrayed by the two people she trusts most, Josie thinks things can't get worse.
Until she starts having dreams about a girl named Jo. Every night at the same time—3:59 a.m.
Jo's life is everything Josie wants: she's popular, her parents are happily married, and Nick adores her. It all seems real, but they're just dreams, right? Josie thinks so, until she wakes one night to a shadowy image of herself in the bedroom mirror – Jo.
Josie and Jo realize that they are doppelgängers living in parallel universes that overlap every twelve hours at exactly 3:59. Fascinated by Jo's perfect world, Josie jumps at the chance to jump through the portal and switch places for a day.
But Jo’s world is far from perfect. Not only is Nick not Jo's boyfriend, he hates her. Jo's mom is missing, possibly insane. And at night, shadowy creatures feed on human flesh.
By the end of the day, Josie is desperate to return to her own life. But there’s a problem: Jo has sealed the portal, trapping Josie in this dangerous world. Can she figure out a way home before it’s too late?
From master of suspense Gretchen McNeil comes a riveting and deliciously eerie story about the lives we wish we had – and how they just might kill you.


Releases: September 17th 2013 by Balzer & Bray

What are you waiting on?

30 comments:

  1. I've seen this book around and even though it looks scary it sounds really interesting. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing this a lot as well! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this one either. I love that cover. It's so simple, but somehow eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing this one around a lot! I'm super excited for it as well. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to check out one of Gretchen McNeil's books for the longest :) This one sounds interesting as well! Great pick and thanks for stopping by Janina @ Synchronized Reading


    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first I've seen this one...looks interesting though. Great choice!
    Cricket@ Little Library MuseMy WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover threw me off... I was like, "um, something is missing!" But then I brought it up on GR and was all, "ohhhhh".

    Yes, I do have those conversations by myself all the time.

    This sounds so interesting and not all confusing like some books out lately that have parallel dimensions. Great pick!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is going to be really good! Great pick.

    Thanks for stopping by
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read anything by Gretchen McNeil, but I definitely can't wait to read this book! Great pick! Hope you get to read it soon :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pick! This looks like such an intriguing story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I knew this one but it can be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excited for this one, too! Seems like I've been watching the author tweet about it forever! :)

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks interesting, Brandi. Great pick! (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds amazing, I'm curious about that other world!
    My WoW @ Oh My Books!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed Ten so I am anxious to try this one! Awesome pick! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds creepy, but really good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This book sounds like it would be fascinating. I have never read anything by this author, but I am now waiting for this book, too! Thanks for sharing.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've not heard of this one! Great title 3.59 having a dream about a girl at the same time each night..... intriguing !

    :d Mich

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to read this book so much! McNeil is a great author, I loved her book: Ten. Here's my WoW!
    -Scott Reads It

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am also waiting on this one! It sounds so neat!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!! Sounds fascinating!! Nice choice.

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yep, I definitely want to read this one too! Excellent choice :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh sounds intense; would love to read this too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the sound of this one-I've enjoyed McNeil's writing before and I'm excited to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Not at all good with either the time travel or parallel universe concept whilst I think this sounds really good I'm sure it would confuse the life out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am dying to read this one! I love Gretchen's writing, and have enjoyed every book of hers so far, so I'm sure this is going to be wonderful. Plus the premise sounds so unique! Awesome WoW pick :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This sounds very different! Deff keeping it on my radar! Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is an awesome pick :D I just love the cover. It's pretty amazing :) Hope you will love it when it comes out sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)