Saturday, October 4, 2014

Stacking the Shelves, The Sunday Post, Bought Borrowed and Bagged


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews,  check it out and sign up  here
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

Bought, Borrowed, & Bagged is a weekly meme, hosted by TalkSupe, where I share with you the books I have bought, borrowed, or bagged. Link up with me here.

What I read:
Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
source: Balzer + Bray aka harper teen via Edelweiss
Blind
source: library
Promise Me This (Between Breaths, #4)
source: netgalley
Sublime
source: simon teen


Last Week on the blog:

The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2)
source: library

Plus One
source: library
Burying Water
Source: Netgalley
My week: Good. Bought Disney Infinity and have been playing with my daughter. I like it but still don't understand a lot of it.
Tomorrow though is the 2 year anniversary since my dad passed and me and mom are pretty emotional. I have to hide and stuff down so much of my grief and mourning because I am still mothering my kids.

New Giveaways here:


What are you reading? Any of my books new to you or have you read any of my books? If so, what did you think?
Also, feel free to link up your blog and mailbox post.


26 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been approved for Burying Water yet, I hope I am eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! Other than Kelley Armstrong's book, these are new to me ones! Hope you enjoy them all!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREATday!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I've been wanting to read The Fall so badly! I don't think I've ever not been able to wriggle something into my schedule but I'm sure the time is coming. It looks amazing though!

    http://booklovingnut.blogspot.com/2014/10/stacking-shelves-13-october-4-2014.html



    Erin @ The Book Nut

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh you read Sublime and Snow Like Ashes! I'm completely jealous and need to hear your thoughts on both PRONTO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books! They all look fascinating.

    So sorry to hear it's the 2 year anniversary since your dad passed - hope you spend the time with family and my thoughts are with you. It's always hard to deal with losing a lost one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy reading :) I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul of books. You got some great looking books. I hope you love all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. I probably would try harder if I'd requested or something that I wanted to read before seeing it, to be perfectly honest

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your books are new to me...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of those, but I don't read any YA. I am sorry for the loss of your dad. It does get better, but it never goes away.

    On another note: I am also in the Sunday Post Meme and my post is at Fangs, Wands & Fairy Dust I have a great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo....I'm reviewing The Fall this week. I really enjoyed it. I should have requested Black Ice when I had the chance. I'm kind of kicking myself for it now. I had decided not to read it, but then now I want to since I realized that it was a standalone! Hope you have a great week!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen Black Ice around lately. I'd like to hear what you think of it. Snow Like Ashes makes me think of Divergent. I'll check to see what it's about. Thanks for sharing:)
    Here is my Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/05/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-81-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm curious about what you'll think of The Fall. That book messed me up

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am hearing good things about Black Ice..enjoy! Hope your week is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry about your dad.
    The Fall sounds good!!

    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Brandi. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Snow Like Ashes looks so good! I had it added to my to-read list. Zane enjoys playing Disney Infinity with his best friend. I'll be praying for you too! I grieve my dad each year as well and it's always tough.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've read Snow Like Ashes? Do you have a review that I could read? :)

    Here's mine:
    My Week in a Wrapped #2

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to read Snow Like Ashes. I've generally heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have such a hard time with DNFing a book. I'll have to go check out your post. You got some good books and read some good books. Kelly Armstrong is one that's on my authors to try list. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope this year is more bearable than last year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you have a few good reads Brandi.
    I know it is a difficult time for you, I hope you get through this week ok! I'm sure your Dad would want you to be happy!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  23. It'll be a difficult week. :( Get through it however way you can. <3
    I've read The Fall, really enjoyed it and it's a good Halloween read and I read Snow Like Ashes a few weeks ago and loved it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)