Sunday, November 6, 2011

Review: Wherever You Go by Heather Davis

Wherever You Go
Wherever You Go by Heather Davis
Seventeen-year-old Holly Mullen has felt lost and lonely ever since her boyfriend, Rob, died in a tragic accident. The fact that she has to spend most of her free time caring for her little sister and Alzheimer’s-stricken grandfather doesn’t help. But Holly has no idea that as she goes about her days, Rob’s ghost is watching over her. He isn’t happy when he sees his best friend, Jason, reach out to help Holly with her grandfather—but as a ghost, he can do nothing to stop it. Is his best friend really falling for his girlfriend?
As Holly wonders whether to open her heart to Jason, the past comes back to haunt her. Her grandfather claims to be communicating with the ghost of Rob. Could the messages he has for Holly be real? And if so, how can the loved ones Rob left behind help his tortured soul make it to the other side?
Told from the perspectives of Holly, Jason, and Rob,Wherever You Go is is a poignant story about making peace with the past, opening your heart to love, and finding the courage to move forward into the light.
Publishes in US: Nov 14th 2011
Source: Netgalley

My Review:
   Wherever You Go is an emotional roller coaster with three main characters who evoke sympathy, pain and the different forms of love. Ms. Davis wrote the character's well, and their voices are distinct. Even if she didn't use different point of views, I could keep their voice straight. The perspectives all piece together well, and does not take away from the flow of the story.
   This is certainly a unique form of the love triangle, and I think that it's development and resolution are perfect.
   Wherever You Go deals with so many issues, but it does it well. The characters realistically struggle and come to terms with grief, depression, caring for your family, absence of parents, Alzheimer disease, love and loss.
   I love the character of Aldo, Holly's grandpa in this story. He is a perfect door for the ghost of Rob to have a voice in the world, and he has much to offer even if he is frequently locked into himself.
   The story has an amazing ending, and wrapped things up better than I could've hoped. Contemporary and paranormal fans alike should give this a read.
I'd love to hear what you think of the story and/or my review.

3 comments:

  1. I love a good emotional roller coaster, especially when it has an ending that kind of wraps everything up and doesn't leave me with a cliffhanger! Thanks for the review Brandi:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost want to read this just because the MC has my last name, lol :P

    It sounds very touching, though, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've heard of this book until now, and I can't wait to read it. I love the cover, and I love ghost stories--this one sounds like the perfect read for me. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)