Friday, September 7, 2012

Review: Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone

Time Between Us
Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett’s unique ability to travel through time and space brings him into Anna’s life, and with him, a new world of adventure and possibility.
As their relationship deepens, they face the reality that time might knock Bennett back where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate—and what consequences they can bear in order to stay together.
Fresh, exciting, and deeply romantic, TIME BETWEEN US is a stunning and spellbinding debut from an extraordinary new talent in YA fiction.
Publishes in US: Oct 9th 2012
Source: Disney Hyperion

Blkosiner's Book Blog review
 
     Time Between Us had me from hello. A girl falling for a boy she shouldn't met, but totally making it work.  I loved the synopsis, and the first chapter/prologue thingy drew me in. I wanted to know what led them to that place, what the letter said, and more about the circumstances.
     Anna is a great narrator, and I really could feel myself in her head. She has a great voice, and I felt like I was living her story with her, getting caught up in her emotions and feeling what she does for Bennett, the confusion, the attraction and the mystery surrounding their meeting and interactions.
     Bennett is equal parts charming and frustrating, but I can totally understand where both come from as I get to know him, and more about his ability.
    I think that everything wrapped up pretty well, though there were a few elements that I would've liked explored more, especially how everything concluded with his sister. I also wanted more from Emma and Justin, they were great secondary characters, and I loved the friendship between Anna and Emma.
    There were also a few things that I didn't quite understand about how exactly Bennett could travel, but for me, that didn't take away from the story at all.
    I do appreciate how the story explored and talked about the consequences of actions. That you never know how one little thing can change so much. When you are messing with time, that is the biggest thing, and I think that Tamara Stone handled it well. I also appreciate how Anna learned to make choices for herself and as hard as it is, separate from Bennett. I think all too often as ladies, we can get so wrapped up in the guy that we love that we have a hard time making decisions truly for ourselves. I think it is a great message and that was an amazing character growth to watch.
    Bottom line: Enjoyable story and sweet love story.

My question to you, my lovely readers:
Would you like to be able to travel through time?

19 comments:

  1. I don't think I would want to travel through time, unless it was to go back and tell 16yo me to quit being stupid.

    I've just started hearing about Time Between Us and it sounds great. I'm glad you enjoyed it despite the unanswered questions. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great point about getting messages to teenaged selves.

      Delete
  2. Confused by the mere thought of time travel - its a concept I just don't get - so alas I don't think this is a read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time travel has always fascinated me, and I love a great romance, so this sounds like the perfect book. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Brandi. Brilliant review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a cute story, it's always nice to have something like that. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what you're sharing, Brandi! I love time travel stories but I am not keen in having the ability to time-travel myself. I really like the cover of this book and I've been wondering if this is a good story. Based on your review, I surely think this is a lovely romance. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think about time travel, but I don't think I would actually be able to either.

      Delete
  6. Really interesting review and I'm anxious to get my hands on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My most anticipated fall read! I'm glad you liked it and I am happy to hear about there being great secondary characters, even though you wish there was more. I get so excited with every review I read for this one so thank you for sharing. :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE time travel books! And yes, I would time travel if I could! I just read Clockwise by Elle Strauss and it put me in the mood for more time travel books. I have lots on my TBR (and I've read a lot) but this one sounds like a must read too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to hear this one is good. I picked it up at ALA and have been really looking forward to diving into it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to travel through time! To experience different cultures at different times sounds lovely to me. I got this at ALA, and I am excited to read it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've read only one book about time traveling and it's Timeless and I really love it. This book sounds really great and interesting! I'll hopefully get a chance to read it!
    Great review!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this one! I have heard of it and it seems good

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to travel through time-I'd want to go further back in time than 1995 (more like 1895) but I think that would be so fantastic. I'm excited to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yeah 95 isn't too much, but I think more than that wouldn't have worked for this particular story

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)