Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 9/12


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.



This week, I'm featuring:

Survive by Alex Morel

Hatchet meets Lost in this modern-day adventure tale of one girl's reawakening
Jane is on a plane on her way home to Montclair, New Jersey, from a mental hospital. She is about to kill herself. Just before she can swallow a lethal dose of pills, the plane hits turbulence and everything goes black. Jane wakes up amidst piles of wreckage and charred bodies on a snowy mountaintop. There is only one other survivor: a boy named Paul, who inspires Jane to want to fight for her life for the first time.
Jane and Paul scale icy slopes and huddle together for warmth at night, forging an intense emotional bond. But the wilderness is a vast and lethal force, and only one of them will survive.


Released Aug 2 2012

What are you waiting on?

6 comments:

  1. Oh nice. The LOST comparison sold me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds super intense-I can't imagine being one of only two survivors and having to survive in such a rough environment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ZZZZOMMMMGGGGGGGGG! It was already released?!?! I love you for bringing this to my attention! I was reading through google reader and you are in my fave blogs folder and I saw this wow post and was like "stop the bus!" I am going to get it now <3
    WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well when you compare something with Lost I for sure am interested! This sounds really good! I cannot wait to see what you think of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this book and really enjoyed it. Gave it 3.5 stars. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)