Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 9/26


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:

Anthem for Jackson Dawes by Celia Bryce

When Megan arrives on the cancer ward for her fi rst treatment, she’s frustrated to be on the pediatric unit. There’s only one other teen there: Jackson Dawes. He’s cute, rebellious . . . and obnoxiously charming. Megan can’t stand the way he meets his illness with such positive energy. But when her own friends are scared off by her illness, Megan fi nds she doesn’t really mind Jackson’s playful antics. As they begin the tentative stirrings of fi rst love, they also start the most aggressive round of treatments on their tumors. Can the power of first love overcome the heartbreak of cancer?
Fans of Lurlene McDaniel will flock to this emotional debut.
This title will be released on April 30, 2013.

What are you waiting on?

13 comments:

  1. Uh-oh, this looks like it might be a tearjerker-I'm already afraid that one of them is going to die...but I love contemps so much and I've read some other cancer books that were so emotionally impactful that I'll probably want to check this out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so unbelievably heartbreaking. I would probably like it. lol Just added to my TBR, thanks! :)

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a sucker for this kind of book, started early with my love of Lurlene Mcdaniel

      Delete
  3. Nice! Haven't heard of this one! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This sounds Ike a great story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds emotional and heartbreaking. Hope you'll enjoy it. Thanks for sharing your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick. I'm adding this to my TBR list now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure I could take this (it's too close to what I do on a daily basis) but let me know what you think!

    Christina @ Ensconced in YA
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds nice. thanks for sharing.

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this sounds like one of those sweet and heartbreaking stories. I cannot wait for you to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not heard of this book and I am a HUGE marshmallow so I will need the tissues for this one. I don't back down from the ugly cry:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)