Never Enough by Denise Jaden
From the author of Losing Faith, a novel about two sisters and the eating disorder that threatens to destroy their family.Publishes in US: July 10th 2012
Loann’s always wanted to be popular and pretty like her sister, Claire. So when Claire’s ex-boyfriend starts flirting with her, Loann is willing to do whatever it takes to feel special… even if that means betraying her sister.
But as Loann slips inside Claire’s world, she discovers that everything is not as it seems. Claire’s quest for perfection is all-consuming, and comes at a dangerous price. As Claire increasingly withdraws from friends and family, Loann struggles to understand her and make amends. Can she heal their relationship —and her sister—before it’s too late?
check out my review here
Thanks Denise for the guest post and giveaway! Here's her top then things she did in high school.
Ten Activities I Did In High School:
1. Drama. I took acting classes, and hung out in the drama room during most lunch hours playing freeze tag.
2. Mimenastics. I was also part of an afterschool group called Mimenastics--a unique combination of mime and gymnastics. The skit I was most well-known for was called "Breakfast," and involved two boys fighting over me and trying to prove their worth by serving and eating their breakfast on their heads!
3. Polynesian Dancing. I've been a Polynesian dancer most of my life. When I was a teen, I made it to semi-pro, and then eventually professional status. While most of my friends were at home watching TV, I spent a lot of time traveling with my dance troupe and getting paid for it.
4. Dance Practicing. I spent many hours in our basement at home in front of a wall of mirrors my dad had installed, practicing my dancing. Even back then I was quite a driven person, and believed in giving things my all.
5. Brownies Fried Chicken. My first non-babysitting/non-dancing type of job was in the kitchen at Brownies Fried Chicken. This was where I discovered an undying love for turkey gravy.
6. Soap Operas. During my teen years, my favorite TV show was probably General Hospital. I would leave the beach while on vacation and sit in my hotel room so I didn't miss an episode. I was in LOVE with Jack "Frisco" Wagner at the time.
7. Halloween Costumes. My brother has always been super-creative, so often we would combine our efforts around Halloween and come up with some great group costumes for us and our friends to dress up as. The most memorable year was when we dressed up as the full cast of The Flinstones. I was Pebbles.
8. Swimming. We had a big round above-ground pool when I was growing up. My friends and I used to race around the outside until we made a whirlpool in the center.
9. Directing and Scriptwriting. I didn't do much writing as a teen, but the little I did do was for my Directing and Scriptwriting class at school. I remember working on a group project, a script that was basically a bunch of angsty dialogue by a bunch of angsty characters. During that year, there was a teacher's strike, and so one of my good friends student-directed our play for that year (I was in it, playing a young boy by the name of "Boysy.")
10. Movies. I loved watching movies (and still do today!) Some of my favorites from my high school years were The Breakfast Club and Ferris Beuler's Day Off. I'm totally showing my age here, aren't I?
How about you? Did you do any of the above activities when you were a teen? (Or do you enjoy them now?)
(Brandi: I love movies and swimming that is for sure. What probably defined me most in high school was Army JROTC, I was SASAI (Special Assistant to the Senior Army Instructior which included planning my senior military ball), XO (Executive Officer), Company Commander and many of the S jobs (event planning, award documentation and distribution, etc) I also was in the band, I played Clarinet and Saxophone after a brief fling with percussion.
Here's Brandi and her best friend before the JROTC ball (I couldn't find a pic online with me in my uniform, kinda sad... I lost a bunch of my old photos when my external hard drive crashed... including my older girl's baby pictures, and not being able to find these just makes me wanna cry again...)
But I digress.
What about you? Did you or do you do any of the same things as me and Denise in high school?
Buy her books:
by Denise Jaden
by Denise Jaden
One physical copy, open to US or Canadian mailing addresses only
Fill out Rafflecopter to win
a Rafflecopter giveaway