Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 7/4

Happy 4th of July! I am at home with a fractured foot, so please enjoy the fireworks and parties for me. Without further ado, here's my WoW:

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating

This week, I'm featuring:
Butter
Butter by Erin Jade Lange
A lonely obese boy everyone calls "Butter" is about to make history. He is going to eat himself to death—live on the Internet—and everyone is invited to watch. When he first makes the announcement online to his classmates, Butter expects pity, insults, and possibly sheer indifference. What he gets are morbid cheerleaders rallying around his deadly plan. Yet as their dark encouragement grows, it begins to feel a lot like popularity. And that feels good. But what happens when Butter reaches his suicide deadline? Can he live with the fallout if he doesn’t go through with his plans? With a deft hand, E.J. Lange allows readers to identify with both the bullies and the bullied in this all-consuming look at one teen’s battle with himself.
Releases Sept 18
What are you waiting on?

19 comments:

  1. I've been excited about this one since I first heard the premise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! Haven't heard of this before!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to add:

      Hope your foot feels better soon! Perfect opportunity to read!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I get to start walking on it Saturday, with a boot, but still.

      Delete
  3. Wow, never heard of this one before. It sounds so sad and very interesting. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have this from NetGalley and it sounds really good, though sad.

    Sorry about your foot -- hope you are up and around soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COunting down til Sat, when I will prb want to get back in bed, hehe

      Delete
  5. So many people talking about this book. Butter looks interesting. New follower. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    P.S. I like your header...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks about header, Ashley designed whole site.

      Delete
  6. The previous poster Grace has said everything I wanted to say-- freaking gorgeous banner, wow! And Butter is definitely on most people's list. I feel like it could be a really great read.

    Would love you to stop by my blog, Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh forgot to also say I'm following you!

      Delete
    2. Welcome, and thanks.
      I hope that it is a good one, I can't wait to get to it on TBR

      Delete
  7. I saw this last week and I am terrified of the plot. So good luck & I'll happily read this through you :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. never heard of that one, not my type of book I guess.lol. Here is my post WWW & WOW Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds really weird; I am wondering what reviews are going to say about the unusual premise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that's pretty crazy and scary because this sounds like something that would actually happen, people cheering someone on to kill him or herself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I am a new follower from Waiting on Wednesday. I would love a follow back at http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    Candace

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)