Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 7/11


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating

This week, I'm featuring:
Choke
Choke by Diana Lopez
A heartfelt novel about the disturbing "choking game" trend -- and one girl's struggle for self-acceptance.
If she could -- if her parents would let her -- eighth-grader Windy would change everything about herself. She'd get highlights in her hair, a new wardrobe; she'd wear makeup. But nothing ever changes. The mean girls at school are still mean, and Windy's best friend Elena is still more interested in making up words than talking about boys.
And then one day, Windy gets the change she's been looking for. New girl Nina -- impossibly cool, confident, and not afraid of anyone -- starts hanging out with Windy! Nina even wants to be "breath sisters." Windy isn't sure what that means, exactly, but she knows she wants to find out. It sounds even better than a BFF.
Windy is right, at first. Being a breath sister gains her a whole new set of friends, girls she feels closer to and cooler with than anyone else. But her inclusion in the new crowd comes at a dangerous price. Windy wants to change everything about her life ... but is she really willing to give up everything in the process?
Released: July 1 2012

What are you waiting on?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds interesting! I will be adding it to my list too! (:

    - Kim
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. That girl is only in 8th grade when she gets caught up in this? That just breaks my heart-she's sooo young. I do want to read this though to see how the author handles it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty new to me too. I have an interview with her coming soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read anything quite like it sounds

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)