Sunday, July 15, 2012

DNF 3 My did not finish pile

I wrote a post a few months ago about negative reviews, and how I don't review if I don't finish, and a very wise blogger pointed out that knowing what a blogger doesn't like can be valuable to publishers and authors too. Then another blogger mentioned she did a did not finish post and I thought it was a great idea. So, here we go:
Possession (Possession, #1)
Something about how the plot was put together did not appeal to me. It wasn't bad, it just did not grab me like I wanted it to. With so much going on, I have to really love something to devote time to it. 

The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test, #2.5)
The Goddess Legacy (Goddess Test #2.5) by Aimee Carter


I couldn't get into it because it wasn't from point of view I was used to.
The first pages didn't draw me in, and with my limited time these days, if I don't love it, I don't have time for.it.

That isn't to say that the writing is poor or the characters are poorly constructed, it's personal on my end.
I'd love to see if you have a great review of any of these books and what you loved about them.
 
Pin It

16 comments:

  1. I've always flirted with what to do when this happens. Usually, it just quietly disappears from my Goodreads TBR shelf if I DNF or didn't enjoy the book. This is an interesting way to do it and is properly balanced. Good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do that too, but I figured that it also gave pubs and readers an idea of what I don't like too.

      Delete
  2. Oh shoot. I have Possession and Surrender. Though I've yet to read them. I guess I'll postpone reading them for now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost always finish what a start but sometimes I just can't. Like you I wondered what to do about those books. I just prepared a DNF post too for July 18. Strangely enough, The Goddess Legacy made my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. With so many books out there these days, if you don't love something, it's hard to dovote time to it. But that doesn't mean a book is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea. I usually just don't do a review at all for a DNF Review Request. I liked the Goddess books but have not read the novella. Am not a fan of novellas so I'll probably skip it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Goddess books, this one just didn't do it for me.

      Delete
  6. I always enjoy DNF reviews. They help me decide if I may or may not like the book. For example if someone DNF because of pacing, I may still enjoy book because I don't mind a slow developing plot.

    Bummer you didn't like either on of the above books. I've read all the Goddess Test books, but not the in-between ones. As for Possession, its always sounded good to me, just never found the time to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I somehow didn't know that there were other in between ones.

      Delete
    2. I'm calling the in between books .5, 1.5 and 2.5. They are all novellas except this one you dnf'd. I have only read book one and two.

      Delete
  7. I managed to finish Possession but I'm not really sure why. It was very much not my kind of book and I can see why you'd DNF it. Hope your next reads are better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that I am not the only one who could not get into Goddess Legacy. I had put it aside thinking that maybe I was not in the right frame of mind but maybe it was more than that.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)