Saturday, August 28, 2010

(non)Review: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay by Collins. 



So-- I am not really going to review this one right now, I might whenever people have plenty of time to read and process. 
I will say that I loved it, Collins writing gripped me once again. I flew through this book, and felt all sorts of emotions. Her writing is superb, and she weaves a beautiful story. I give it 5 stars, and I appreciate the way that she ended the book. I am not quite sure what I wanted but she did better than I ever could. It is as happy an ending as could be warranted by this series.
Katniss remains strong and true to her character, though she is of course drug through even more hell. I do wish we could have seen a little more emotion, but given what the girl has been through, I would be more than numb. 

I also am very sad and frustrated about one of the deaths (not really a spoiler, I mean come on, you KNOW someone is gonna die) because I wish that this person could have just been able to extend their happiness.

The light note in the story was Buttercup. I love it. Hiss. :)

Please let me know what you thought and link your review if you would like. I would like to hear other opinions.


3 comments:

  1. I was rereading the Hunger Games the other day and it made me not like the Epilogue of Mockingjay. Other than the epilogue, I loved the book once I came to terms with everything that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Mockingjay in the wee hours of this morning. Wow! I'm still processing all of my feelings about this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally thought the epilogue gave the happiest ending that the series could warrant. I appreciated it. Maybe I am just cheesy and need something like that though ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)