Monday, August 16, 2010

Review: Sing me to Sleep by Morrison

Sing Me to SleepSing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison

Link goes to and teaser from Goodreads.com

"THE TRANSFORMATION Beth has always been “The Beast”—that’s what everyone at school calls her because of her awkward height, facial scars, and thick glasses. Beth’s only friend is geeky, golden-haired Scott. That is, until she’s selected to be her choir’s soprano soloist, and receives the makeover that will change her life forever.
THE LOVE AFFAIR
When Beth’s choir travels to Switzerland, she meets Derek: pale, brooding, totally dreamy. Derek’s untethered passion—for music, and for Beth—leaves her breathless. Because in Derek’s eyes? She’s not The Beast, she’s The Beauty.
THE IMPOSSIBLE CHOICE
When Beth comes home, Scott, her best friend in the world, makes a confession that leaves her completely torn. Should she stand by sweet, steady Scott or follow the dangerous, intense new feelings she has for Derek?
THE HEARTBREAK
The closer Beth gets to Derek, the further away he seems. Then Beth discovers that Derek’s been hiding a dark secret from her …one that could shatter everything."



*My short but sweet review*


         This book is hard to translate into a review. On one hand I really liked it, the writing was good, and it was fun to watch Beth blossom. There were two great guys fighting for her, and it was emotional. But on the other hand, it could have been so much more with a hundred or two more pages.
      I am glad though, that there is more to this story than just romance. They have singing and their choirs, and school, which is more like reality. The romance is heartbreaking though. We have Scott who has loved her even when her looks and attitude towards herself was horrid, and he is the constant. Then there is Derek who loves her voice, and tries to protect her from the darker side of his life.
      Morrison sucked me in, making really invest in these characters, and she broke my heart with the same.

I would love to hear what you think, and if you have written a review, link it and I will read and review.

9 comments:

  1. I read this awhile back and really liked it. I was not prepared for the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it coming, but I also knew stuff that salty skin=CF
    It still was sad

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been wanting to read this for a while, great review(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review. It's nice to know that something isn't perfect but it's still worth tackling.
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this book! I read and reviewed it last month, and I bawled buckets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So dying to read this book. Have had it on my TBR pile for a while now. Definitely going to make a point of getting my hands on a copy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your review of this. I have heard so many great things about the book and I'd like to read it. It's good to know that the characters are going to grow on me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to read this one for a while. I'm glad it's not just your typical romance (I do like to see other elements), and the choir bit has my very interested (former show-choir girl here).
    Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Beauty and the Beast-type books and books where you "invest" in the characters. It sounds like a box of tissues needs to be handy when reading this book. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)