Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Review: Betrayal by Shields

Betrayal  (Immortal #2)Betrayal by Gillian Shields

Companion to Immortal

Link goes to and teaser from Goodreads.com

"There are the small betrayals: the unkind word, the petty lies. And there are the betrayals that break hearts, destroy worlds, and turn the strong sweet light of day into bitter dust.
When Evie Johnson started at Wyldcliffe Abbey School for Young Ladies, her life changed in ways she couldn't possibly have envisioned: the discovery of her link with Lady Agnes, her special bond with Helen and Sarah, and their sisterhood in the astonishing secrets of the Mystic Way. Above all, Evie's love for Sebastian has turned her world upside down.
Now Evie returns to Wyldcliffe for another term and more danger. Surrounded by enemies, she lives every day in fear that Sebastian will fall into the darkness of servitude to the Unconquered Lords. The Wyldcliffe coven is plotting to destroy Evie and use Sebastian to secure their own immortality. Evie and her sisters must master the power of the Talisman before it is too late. But could it be Sebastian himself who will ultimately betray Evie?
In this companion to Gillian Shields's dazzling Immortal, magic and sweeping romance cross the bounds of time to deliver heart-stopping emotion and suspense."


**My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars**


*My short and sweet review*

This was a fast paced, adventure filled book. It continues where Immortal left off, and in my opinion, even better than the first book. I love how this story stresses female friendships. I love that Sarah and Helen are there for her and they have open conversations and a close relationship. While this is a love story, I am glad that Evie makes room in her life for other things.

Harriett was an interesting addition. She was well written in that I felt much like Evie- I wanted to like her but something about her just doesn't sit quite right.

She beautifully crafted the ending, and it fits well with the book and its themes.

I would love to hear what you think and if you have written a review, feel free to link it and I will read and comment!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book, but this one sounds awesome. Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty good. A very quick read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first book was ok for me and I'm hoping this second one will be better.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)