Saturday, August 21, 2010

Review: Rising Shadow by Wheeler

Rising Shadow (The Soterians, #1)Rising Shadow by Jacquelyn Wheeler

1st in the Soterians series

Link goes to and teaser from Goodreads.com

" Ashlyn Woods just transferred to one of the most beautiful campuses on the west coast, where she can't wait to start her life over as a normal college student. But her plans take an unexpected turn when she discovers that she is a Soterian: a person who develops amazing powers when the balance of good and evil shifts too far in evil's favor. Soon she and the other Soterians are studying martial arts and learning to use their powers to prevent California from being plunged into chaos. But they quickly discover that they're up against a much more dangerous enemy than they anticipated. And when Ashlyn meets Kai, a devastatingly gorgeous guitar player, she realizes she must sacrifice more than she ever imagined."

**My rating: 4 of 5 stars**

*My review*


This is an exciting story with an easy to relate to heroine. Ashlyn has mistakes in her past with no so great boyfriends and moves to a new college, she finds a great guy and a best friend and realizes she has powers to help the balance of good and evil. She still struggles with self esteem a lot and they are doubts that I know I could relate to.

The story itself is well written and well paced. She builds up the supporting characters well, and they all serve a purpose.

I would recommend it, and I am anxious to read the next one!


I would love to hear what you think and if you have written a review, feel free to link it and I will read and comment on yours!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. There's not many stories that I've seen that feature college students. I hope I get a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should pick it up, I am glad that I did!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)