Thursday, August 19, 2010

Review: Dark Song

Dark SongDark Song by Gail Giles

ARC- Release Sept 7 2010

--Also- I would be willing to trade this book- check out my wishlist post or trade link on sidebar for what I like, but feel free to offer others

Won from Good Choice Reading Secondhand Saturday

Link goes to and teaser from Goodreads.com

"Mark said he heard the dark song when he creeped houses. The song the predator's heart sings when it hears the heart of the prey. I heard it now. Mark said it had always been in me. Lurking. Waiting for me to hear.
Ames is not the person she was a few months ago. Her father lost his job, and her family is crumbling apart. Now, all she has is Marc. Marc, who loves her more than anything. Marc, who owns a gun collection. And he'll stop at nothing--even using his guns--to get what he wants. Ames feels her parents have betrayed her with their lies and self-absorption, but is she prepared to make the ultimate betrayal against them?"



**My rating: 4 of 5 stars**

*My review*

This was a dark and edgy book, and took you on highs and lows with Ames. It was an adventure, and I would recommend reading it. The set-up and relationship are very realistic, and shows how easy it can be to just fall into a predator's grasp-- when you are searching for love and they make themselves so readily available.

I like how the younger sister Chrissy is written- she tells it like it is, and that is really needed sometimes. She is a breath of fresh air, and keeps the novel light at times when it needs a little relief.

Overall- if you like dark and twisting books, you should give this one a read!



I would love to hear what you think and if you have reviewed, feel free to link it and I will read and comment.

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I liked this book, and thought it was well worth the read. The dark and edgy was just so well done. You are right though, she sure got whiny sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually quite curious about this book and have been for quite some time now. Haven't really seen many reviews of this one, but when I do get around to reading this, I'll be sure to let you know what I think of this one! Will be sure to take your comments into consideration when I get around to reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style of reviewing! "Dark, twisting/edgy books" are probably not my thing, but I'm a sucker for realistic relationships in books. i'm glad you told the review like it is though!

    Thanks for the review and happy reading!

    ●▬▬▬๑۩Tina @ Book Couture۩๑▬▬▬▬●

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)