Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Review: Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens

Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens

Link goes to and description from Goodreads.com

" I met someone who changed everything. Matthias. My autistic sister's guardian angel. Honest. Inspiring. Funny. Hot. And immortal. That was the problem. What could I do? I did what any other girl would do-I fell in love with him. Zoë's sister darts in front of cars. Her brother's a pothead. Her parents are so overwhelmed; they don't see Zoë lost in her broken life. Zoë escapes the only way she knows how: partying. Matthias, a guardian sent from Heaven, watches over Zoë's autistic sister. After Zoë is convinced he's legit, angel and lost girl come together in a love that changes destiny. But Heaven on Earth can't last forever"

**My rating: 3.5/5**

*My short but sweet review*
This book is a good one!
Despite that, it is built on a beautiful concept- a guardian angel for an autistic child, and the older sister falling in love with the angel. I connected well with Zoe- she is a genuine character and is easy to relate to. We get to see how she deals with difficulties in not so constructive ways, and then overcoming them. 
Matthias is an easy guy to love- he is humble, honest, hot, old fashioned, and pure. This is a breath of fresh air!
Aside from that, all I can say is brace yourself for a conclusion that is unexpected, though it is beautiful and a good way to end. 
I would recommend picking it up, and I definitely can't wait to get my hands on Penitence!


You may also like: Fallen, Body Finder, Dark Divine, Immortal by Shields, Everafter, Ruined


I would love to hear what you think. If you have written a review, feel free to link it here!

5 comments:

  1. I really liked this one, but I liked Penitence quite a bit more. You're right, Brit is flaky and that comes to a head in Penitence, though saying anything more would be a spoiler, so I won't do that. :D

    Here's my review of it! It's actually a review of both Heavenly and Penitence, though I'm not sure you'd want to read the Penitence part because it does have some things that could be considered very mild spoilers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read Penitence!
    I am glad that Brit is dealt with, though I can understand her purpose in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very interesting book. Too bad it's not perfect...but few are :-/ I'm glad the ending was good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very interesting book. Too bad it's not perfect...but few are :-/ I'm glad the ending was good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this one last year and really enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)