Monday, July 12, 2010

Review: Moonlight

Moonlight by Rachel Hawthorne

Part of the Dark Guardian series

Description from and linked to Goodreads.com

"I see him and knows what this turmoil inside of me means: He's the one. My forever.

KAYLA is the nature lover, the all-American beauty who can't understand why she's so drawn to distant, brooding Lucas. Adopted as a young child, she has no way of knowing that she's inherited a terrifying-and thrilling-gene that will change her life forever.

LUCAS is dangerous, gorgeous ... and a werewolf. As leader of the Dark Guardians, shape-shifters who gather deep within the state park, he has sworn to protect his pack. But when Lucas finds his true soul mate, his love could put them all in harm's way.

As Lucas and Kayla struggle with their feelings for each other, a greater danger lurks: Humans have discovered the Dark Guardians and are planning their destruction. Kayla must choose between the life she knows and the love she feels certain is her destiny."

**My Rating: 4/5**

*My short but sweet review*
Moonlight has a fast moving and interesting plot. Oh, and werewolves. Yummy ones at that. Lucas is a well done love interest, and Kayla is a well written protagonist. She is insecure and dealing with a lot but it balances out because she is loyal, and she is finding herself. Hawthorne wrote easy to dislike but understand villans-- I mean who wouldnt want super healing powers and find out more about this particular gene?
My qualm is the soulmate, love at first sight. I mean it is great for plotline, but it is really disappointing to those of us in real life ;)
I also wish that it would have just started into the book and not had the prologue!

But all in all this was what I expected- a quick enjoyable paranormal romance!

Similar reads: Immortal by Shields, Shiver, Jessica's guide, Dark Divine, Darkest Powers series, Immortals series by Noel

I would love to hear what you think and feel free to link review if you have written one!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! This one has been on my shelf for a while now, but now I really want to read it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your review made me want to read this book. I love werewolves and this seems like different take on the genre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read this book for ages now. The more reviews I see of this one, the more it makes me want to go out and buy it. Definitely going to try to get my hands on a copy soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys def should pick it up. The other books in Dark Guardian were just as good, and Lucas is hot!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)