Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 8/1


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating

This week, I'm featuring:
Sacred
Sacred by Elana Arnold

Growing up on Catalina Island, off the California coast, Scarlett Wenderoth has led a fairly isolated life. After her brother dies, her isolation deepens as she withdraws into herself, shutting out her friends and boyfriend. Her parents, shattered by their own sorrow, fail to notice Scarlett's pain and sudden alarming thinness. Scarlett finds pleasure only on her horse, escaping to the heart of the island on long, solitary rides. One day, as she races around a bend, Scarlett is startled by a boy who raises his hand in warning and says one word: "Stop."
The boy—intense, beautiful—is Will Cohen, a newcomer to the island. For reasons he can't or won't explain, he's drawn to Scarlett and feels compelled to keep her safe. To keep her from wasting away. His meddling irritates Scarlett, though she can't deny her attraction to him. As their relationship blossoms into love, Scarlett's body slowly awakens at Will's touch. But just when her grief begins to ebb, she makes a startling discovery about Will, a discovery he's been grappling with himself. A discovery that threatens to force them apart. And if it does, Scarlett fears she will unravel all over again.


Releases: Nov 13th 2012


What are you waiting on?

24 comments:

  1. Awww, this sounds sad, or maybe melancholy but sweet. Definitely a bit out of the realm of what I'd normally read, but I might just have to give this a try. :)

    Rywn @ Book Brats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful but heartbreaking love story. :'( Those are always the worst since they really get to a reader the most.

    Thanks for sharing! Happy reading!

    -Amelia
    My W.o.W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this one looks awesome! I am definitely adding it to my tbr =)

    Our WoW post =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a heartbreaking bittersweet story that you're sharing with us this week - Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not heard of this book but I will be checking it out! Thanks for spotlighting it!

    Here is my WOW: http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2273

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a beautiful but heart breaking story. I will definitely have to add it. Great pick.

    Thank you for stopping by WoW.
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time that I hear about this book - it goes on my tbr list!:)Looks like something that I'd like.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate teasers..what discovery!!! Awesome pick and thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds interesting!!! Thanks for sharing.

    SeeitORreadit


    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't heard of this one! Hope you enjoy it once you get it!

    Here's My WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard of this book. It sounds like it'll be an intense read. I hope so :P Lol Great choice this week Brandi :D

    Neyra -

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds sad and mysterious! I'm wondering what Will's secret is and if maybe he had something to do with her brother's death? Great pick and thanks for stopping by My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this sounds like an intense story. I haven't heard of it before but definitely going to add it to my list. Great pick!

    Thanks for visiting my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, great pick! I can't wait for SACRED either! It has such a beautiful cover and a cool premise, doesn't it? :D

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Meg | The Book Galaxy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic pick! This book is definitely going on my TBR list!
    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a will-read for me-I've actually been to Catalina and I can't resist a YA book boy named Will!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds sad but I'm curious about Will's secret.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the setting, Catalina Island is one of the most romantic spots in the world

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh, great pick, Brandi! I hadn't heard of this one before. I'm curious about Will's "discovery." :)

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Randi
    Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)