Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 8/8


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:

Flutter by G. J. Linko
All Emery Land wants is to be like any other 17-year-old—to go to school, hang out with her friends, and just be normal. But for as long as she can remember, she's suffered from seizures. And in recent years they've consumed her life. To Emery they're much more than seizures, she calls them loops—moments when she travels through wormholes back and forth in time and to a mysterious town. The loops are taking their toll on her physically. So she practically lives in the hospital where her scientist father and an ever-growing team of doctors monitor her every move. They're extremely interested in the data they collect when Emery seizes. It appears that she's tapping into parts of the brain typically left untouched by normal human beings.
Escaping from the hospital, Emery travels to Esperanza, the town from her loops on the upper peninsula of Michigan, where she meets Asher Clarke. Ash's life is governed by his single-minded pursuit of performing good Samaritan acts to atone for the death of a loved one. His journey is very much entwined with Emery's loops.
Drawn together they must unravel their complicated connection before it's too late.
This title will be released on October 23, 2012.
What are you waiting on?

23 comments:

  1. Great pick Brandi! I can't wait to read Flutter too! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hum... maybe seizures are a small price to pay to be able to travel through time? LOL sounds nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds thrilling! The cover gives me shudder though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is on my wishlist :) Thanks for checking out My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of this one but it sounds very unique-love the way the two main characters' stories are going to intertwine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of that one! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice, I hadn't heard of it before but sounds really interesting!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this one. It does sound good... Good choice.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2995

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good, thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds really captivating...thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blurb sounds promising! :) Great pick! :)
    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The books sounds interesting, so I grabbed it on NG, but I really don't love the cover. It's weird.

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice! ^-^ Never heard of it before, but I'll be adding this to my TBR! Thanks for sharing Brandi :D

    Neyra @ DABReviews' WOW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds heavy, not sure if this is my kind of book but I'll hold off til your review before I add it to my TBR.

    Talk Supe WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my first time hearing about this one, but it sounds great! Definitely going on my (ever-growing) TBR list! :)
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of Flutter before. It sounds very cool. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Flutter looks really good! I am going to have to add it to my tbr! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am really into time travel right now and this one definitely sounds interesting! Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds wonderful. Great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pick! I definitely have this one on my list. It sounds so good!

    Thanks for stopping by my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh! Sounds really mysterious! I love the time loop via seizure angle - totally unlike anything else I've heard of. Adding it to my TBR! Thanks for sharing!

    & thanks for stopping by my post! :)

    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have seen Flutter about, I must check out this one. Sounds interesting:D

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hadn't heard of this one but it sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy it when you read it. Thanks for stopping by my WOW.
    ~Marti@SBBCreviews

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)