Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 8/29


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:

Product Image 
by Sharon Flake

Award-winning author, Sharon G. Flake, presents a powerful novel about a teen boy and girl, each tackling disabilities.
Autumn and Adonis have nothing in common and everything in common. Autumn is outgoing and has lots of friends. Adonis is shy and not so eager to connect with people. But even with their differences, the two have one thing in common ? they’re each dealing with a handicap. For Autumn, who has a learning disability, reading is a painful struggle that makes it hard to focus in class. But as her school’s most aggressive team wrestler, Autumn can take down any problem. Adonis is confined to a wheelchair. He has no legs. He can’t walk or dance. But he’s a strong reader who loves books. Even so, Adonis has a secret he knows someone like Autumn can heal.
In time, Autumn and Adonis are forced to see that our greatest weaknesses can turn into the assets that forever change us and those we love.
Told in alternating voices, Takedown explores issues of self-discovery, friendship, and what it means to be different.
Release: Oct 1 2012
What are you waiting on?

29 comments:

  1. Hmmm, sounds interesting. Not a book I would usually read, but interesting none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This sounds like a story w/an extremely powerful message. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this sounds like a very moving novel. Thanks for sharing! :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this-powerful contemporary dealing with timely issues. Thanks for highlighting it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like an interesting read, thanks for sharing this one and for visiting My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I have never heard of the book before but it sure sounds great! =D

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this one sounds really interesting -- maybe a little like Pushing the Limits. Thanks for sharing -- and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great pick! This is my first time hearing about this book and it sounds really interesting!
    Thanks for sharing :)
    Here’s my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to read this one! It sounds sooo good! Great pick! :D

    My WoW post! 

    Btw....I'm a new follower! :)

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds interesting. A good change of pace from what I've been reading lately. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not really one for contemporaries but hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like an intense story.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one does sound good...thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is it so bad that the synopsis wants to make me cry? It sounds so heartbreaking and challenging. I think I'd LOVE to read this book, however looking at the challenges the pair both face would be hard.

    This seems the perfect book to pick in light of the start of the paralympics today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see that the book sounds incredibly interesting but it also will be a very tough book to read and this is why I won't be adding it to my to-read list. I do hope you enjoy it when you read it! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WOW post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds really good. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds genuinely fascinating! I'm adding this to my to-watch list. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pick! This sounds interesting. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds like another emotional read similar to Speechless.

    Thanks for stopping by our WoW earlier.

    Braine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow this one sounds amazing! I haven't ever heard of it but I want it now lol! Great pick!

    Check out our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very intense sounding book! New to me, so thanks for highlighting it :) Thanks for stopping by my WoW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pick! Haven't heard of it before, but it sounds very interesting! :)
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a great pick. Very intense. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.
    ~Alicia~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't heard of this one! I'll check it out. Thanks for sharing! :) Also thanks for stopping by!

    Tanja @Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  26. This sounds like a heartwarming story. Nice pick Brandi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This one sounds like a good read. This is actually the first I've heard of it, so I'm glad that you chose it for this week's Waiting on Wednesday. (:

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)