Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 8/22


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I also feature books that may have already released, but I am anxiously waiting to read.

This week, I'm featuring:

My Beautiful Failure
by Janet Ruth Young
A haunting account of a teen boy who volunteers at a suicide hotline and falls for a troubled caller.
Billy is a sophomore in high school, and twice a week, he volunteers at Listeners, a suicide hotline.
Jenney is an “incoming,” a caller, a girl on the brink.
As her life spirals out of control, Jenney’s calls become more desperate, more frequent. Billy, struggling with the deteriorating relationship with his depressed father, is the only one who understands. Through her pain, he sees hope. Through her tears, he feels her heart. And through her despair, he finds love. But is that enough?
Acclaimed author Janet Ruth Young has written a stunning and powerful story with no easy answers; it is about pain and heartbreak, reality and illusion, and finding redemption and the strength to forgive in the darkest of times.
This title will be released on November 13, 2012.What are you waiting on?

27 comments:

  1. Seems like this is being eagerly awaited by several bloggers, I've seen it mentioned on several blogs. I'm awaiting my copy of the latest Philippa Gregory novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds intense.
    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good! It sounds so unique. I might make this my next WoW ;) Great choice!
    New follower, love your blog - your header is so pretty :) x
    My WoW:
    http://bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pick and the synopsis has piqued my interest, thanks for sharing this one! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems to be a sad story with a positive message. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a really sad and still great story. I'll sure need some tissues when I read a book like that :)
    Thanks for sharing
    Greetings

    Here is my WoW: http://kimberleyjones17.blogspot.de/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of that, doesn't really look like my kind of book but I hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this before but I just added to my Goodreads! Sounds heartbreaking! :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow. This book sounds awesome! Definitely going on my tbr. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, I haven't seen or heard of this one before but it sounds so touching, I may have to check it out, even though I'm not a big fan of really emotional reads :/

    Here's what i'm waiting on

    and check out my awesome YA giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one sounds good...thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds pretty good and different from what I've been reading lately. I may try it. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw this one in someone else's WoW today and I am so excited to read it. I already added it to my TBR list!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    New GFC follower. :]
    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  14. No WoW for me this week, but I love your pick! Sounds like it'll be a pretty emotional read, but I'm definitely adding to my TBR list.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this title and it sounds so sad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never seen this one before, but it sounds interesting. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh-I saw this earlier. It looks so good. Thanks for stopping by my WoW and forsharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm excited about this one; I was lucky enough to receive an ARC and I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have discovered from you, not sure though

      Delete
  19. This sounds like it could be quite intense and emotional - just the book I'd like to read!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hadn’t heard of this one, but it’s definitely going on my TBR list now.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hadn't heard of this one yet but it sounds really good! Thanks for sharing and for visiting my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)