Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Review: Onyx by Jennifer Armentrout

Onyx (Lux, #2)
Onyx by Jennifer Armentrout
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarre connection. I’ve sworn him off even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But against all common sense, I’m falling for him. Hard.
Our relationship issues aren’t out biggest problem…
The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we’re linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And when a new boy shows up a school with a secret of his own, things get complicated fast. I need to choose between my own instincts and Daemon’s.
But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. Daemon’s never going to stop searching until gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies.
Publishes: Aug 8th
Source: Entangled
2nd in Lux series. You can read my review of 1st book here, and the 3rd titled Opal released Dec 11th 2012, there are two other untitled books in the series.
Blkosiner's Book Blog review
    Holy chocolate chip cookies. This book was hot and I could not put it down. Jennifer did not disappoint in this sequel to Obsidian. It is just as action packed loaded with humor, sarcasm, plot twists and our favorite book blogging heroine Katy.
    It is pretty much leave me alone, I'm reading, or Oh is it seriously 3am? kinda book where the world seems to fall away and I get to experience what Katy is feeling and almost feel like I am a part of this world of smoking hot aliens, dept of defense peeps around every corner, and trying to figure out certain boys who shall not be named.
    It is so hard to review this without talking about what happened, but let me try. There are so many conflicts going on, I just want for the characters I love to be happy, but I guess what kind of series would it be then? There is conflict with Dee, not only with Adam and what their relationship should be, but also between Dee and Katy. Katy makes some bad decisions, and I just want to smack some sense into her (and so does Daemon for that matter), but I totally understand her motivations behind each of those decisions. And that makes her still a strong and determined main character that I admire. But anyways, one of her bad decisions eats up pretty much all of her time, and leaves some feelings between her and Dee.
    There is also the DOD peeps, and several other new characters that I had absolutely no idea what to think of. They can seem so harmless and good intentions one second, and then the next I am questioning them and wondering if I am paranoid.
    The drama between Katy and Daemon is so thick you can cut it with a knife. And I love every second of it. Their bickering, his pen pokes, the sexy moments and the whispered endearments and declarations. I ate it up. It kept me turning the pages just looking for another scene between them, and then left at the very end yearning, wishing the next book was in my hands.
    And mother of all cliffhangers, really? December can't come fast enough so I know what happens, if revenge is sought, and what exactly they meant about everything changing with mystery character rescued that shall not be named.
     Jennifer is an amazing author, and I love this series, as well as the Covenant series, and just like I know I will probably love everything she writes.

My question to you, my lovely readers:
Would you date an alien?
Pin It

18 comments:

  1. I'm still somewhat unsure about Armentrout, whether I want to read her books. The covers are so not my style. Do they read like they seem they would?

    Would I date an alien? First instinct is no, but if they were like the ones in Roswell, hell yeah! Also, shipped the alien type creature in A Long, Long Sleep, so I guess I wouldn't close the door on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Covenant covers or the Lux covers? Covenant is akin to Vampire Academy. And for me the covers of the Lux novels don't really match what the book is about.
      Hope that helps

      Delete
  2. I've heard great things about Armentrout's books so I think I'll try some out. Would I date an alien? Eh...aliens aren't really my thing but the alien was sexy, sure! Great review!
    -Danna
    http://friendlyreaderohyeah.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aliens aren't usually my thing either, but Daemon won me over

      Delete
  3. I'm glad this one does not disappoint! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..Mother of all cliffhangers!? No no I cant handle that

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I still need to read this! I am so far behind on my reading! But I'm so glad that you totally loved it!

    As for would I date an alien- well, no since I'm married ;) But if I was single I guess I would say I don't discriminate. If he's not evil or anything then I guess so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm married to, but doesn't stop me from having book boyfriends ;)

      Delete
  6. Have heard great things about this book! I'm excited to read it.
    And no, I don't think I'd date an alien or any other kind of paranormal being! But I do enjoy reading about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am drinking my coffee, reading lovely reviews and you have to mention chocolate chip cookies...UGH now i have a wicked craving for them...although as far as analogies go..that rocks! I have book one on my Nook and need to start reading so I can *squee* with the rest of you. Date an Alien? Is he hot? Does he like books and coffee? Does he have cookies?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stytill need to check out this series, but it's great to see that you loved it! Plus, the romance sounds absolutely swoon-worthy. :D Gosh, I'm such a hopeless romantic. xD

    To answer your question: No, I wouldn't. Humans are fine with me, thanks. ;)

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab review! I'm glad that the sequel doesn't disappoint :)

    I don't think I'd date an alien, no matter how smoking hot he is, but reading about stories like this, sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review! So happy you enjoyed this one as much as I did. I think I may have loved this one even more than Obsidian. Also the cliffhanger was crazy! Can't wait to read Opal!

    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I keep hearing amazing things about this series, I really need to try it as well, I hope I could do it one day it sounds really nice. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I felt the same while I was reading this book!! :) Great review!!:) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am reading Shadows shortly, then Onyx. I do get rather excited about JLA's writing especially this series. I do love Aiden St. Delphi too, he has a spesh place in my heart, my first JLA book was Half-Blood. I have purchased Onyx, but I have to sit at computer to read it, bummer..... Santa I have been uber good girl this year. I hope I am on the good list and get a Kindle:D

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved book one and can't wait to get my hands on this.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)