Thursday, March 10, 2011

Review: Alexis by Alexis Singer

Alexis 


Alexis by Alexis Singer


In six words, an instant message changed Alexis forever.
After a rocky junior year of high school, Alexis Singer was lonely, stressed out, and vulnerable--the ideal target for an older man with bad intentions. When a message popped up on her computer screen one night from a message board acquaintance, she could never have known that by responding she was making a choice that would change her forever.
By posing as a friend and confidant, the man gave Alexis the attention she desperately craved and weaseled his way into her life in an unimaginable way. Within weeks, Alexis was sucked into an emotionally dependent relationship, engaging in cybersex and sending him explicit photos of herself. Somewhere along the way, she lost who she was and put her dreams for the future, relationships with friends and family, and psychological well-being on the line.
'Not much about that first online conversation we had sticks out in my head except for his surprising interest in me. I probably would have forgotten about it if it weren't for that. I would have dismissed him as just another creep.'
Because Truth Is More Fascinating Than Fiction
louderthanwordsbooks.com

Published: Aug 2010
Bought

My Review





   Alexis' story is very powerful and I think that more people should read and realize that it could be you!
   Her voice is very authentic, and I was able to relate with things she was saying and how she felt about herself. This is a road that I could have easily been down myself, and I felt for her and wished there was something I could do for her and other victims. 


I would love to hear what you think of this book and/or my review.
Here is my video review if you are interested
:

2 comments:

  1. I have not read this one yet, but I have read some of the first set. Amazing books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing this series of books around for a while and have been wanting to try them. This story I think is especially relevant to today, it's so easy to picture what happened to Alexis happening to me or someone I know, it's so easy to be trusting online. I'll have to make time for these!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)