Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Review: His Eyes by Renee Carter



His Eyes
His Eyes by Renee Carter



Amy Turner's about to graduate from high school and all she wants is a job. Actually, all she wants is to find a way to pay for college. Amy certainly isn't looking for love when she answers an ad to baby-sit a boy-she just needs the cash. But the job has a catch: The boy is blind...and he's her age. 

Tristan Edmund may be hot, but he doesn't want Amy's help. Or so he thinks. After being blinded in a horse show-jumping competition, Tristan spends his days in the dark, refusing to accept his disability. Much to his annoyance, Amy bursts into his life and drags him into the light. But just as the two begin to see something in each other, Tristan's beautiful ex-girlfriend shows up. Will the temptation be too much, or will Tristan choose the girl who really sees him?



Published in US:
Source: bought


My Review:



    His Eyes is a touching story, with good characters and its a sweet read. 
    Renee did a great job making me wonder what would happen next, and what the characters were going to do or say. The romance is sweet and simple, until a mystery gal comes on the scene and challenges what Aimee thinks about herself and what she thinks she knows about Tristan. 
    Tristan himself is a confused, but underneath it all good guy. He learned a lot from his accident and it changed how he thought about himself and other people. 
    His little brother is a funny character, and plays a cute role in the book.
      It is a good read and I'd recommend to give it a try. 

I'd love to hear what you think about this book and./or my review. 


Here;s my video review:




8 comments:

  1. This book looks really good, but also really sad. I think I would enjoy it though!

    New follower :)

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, not only is the boy's name Tristan which is one of my very favorite names, but he also does equestrian events like I used to do. Sold! This sounds like a great book, I hadn't heard of it before so thanks Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god. Now I want to read yet *another* book. Siggggh. I'm going to OD on books, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jenny- very chilling coicidence.

    @Lamia It was good, you should read when you get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this review, this sounds like a really good book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hadn't heard of this book, but it sounds amazing! Thanks for letting me know about it!

    Doesn't it? And thanks, me too! ;)

    Brilliant review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard too much about this book, but it sounds like a nice read. Sweet romances aren't really all that common in YA - the sexy bad boy romance seems to be popular - but I'm all for the sweetness. I'll have to check this one out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admit though, I'm drawn to the bad boy a lot.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)