Monday, March 7, 2011

Review: Blue by Lou Aronica

Blue
Blue by Lou Aronica

Chris Astor is a man in his early forties who is going through the toughest stretch of his life. Becky is Chris's fourteen-year-old daughter, a girl who overcame enormous challenges to become a vibrant, vital young woman - and now faces her greatest obstacle yet. Miea is the young queen of a fantasy land that Becky and Chris created when Becky was little, a fantasy land that has developed a life of its own and now finds itself in terrible, maybe fatal trouble. Together, Chris, Becky, and Miea need to uncover a secret. The secret to why their worlds have joined at this moment. The secret to their purpose. The secret to the future. It is a secret that, when discovered, will redefine imagination for all of them. Blue is a novel of trial and hope, invention and rediscovery. It might very well take you someplace you never knew existed.
Published in US: Jan 8th 2011

*My review*

    I really liked Becky and the fantasy part of this book. It was very entertaining how it all connected together. The fantasy in this book is great, and the world building and details are outstanding.
     There are great themes and things that can be learned from Blue. Communication is one important thing, as well as how actions can widely effect others and the world around you.
     Becky's illness is a very intriguing part of the story and really helps to amplify and move the plot in so many ways. It is heartbreaking and inspires hope at the same time.
    The last 75 or so pages are my absolute favorite- the characters have become close to me, and the ending is spectacular!

2 comments:

  1. I have been seeing this book a lot on blogs. The premise sounds really good. Thanks for the review, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure if I ever have read a daddy-daughter duo book, well at least not with the father being a crucial part of the book. Great find! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)