Friday, March 25, 2011

Review: In The Storm by Karen Metcalf

In the Storm (ebook) by Karen Metcalf
In The Storm by Karen Metcalf


Abandoned by the world around her, Carly believes she is fated to a life of torment at the hands of her stepfather and is desperate for an escape. When she can bear the abuse no longer and gives in to a thunderous rage, she suddenly finds herself in an unfamiliar, yet beautiful, storm world. This limbo between dimensions appears to be her private sanctuary, but it may just be her purgatory. No one escapes fate without sacrifice, but is the price more than Carly is willing to pay?


Published in US: Feb 25th 2011
Source: author for tour and review


My Review:




   In The Storm captured me from the first page and kept my attention. Yes, it is a short story, but it is a well written one with well developed characters. 
   This is very emotional and it deals with tough issues, but it's woven with fantasy. Carly is a great main character, she has a great voice and she has a personality that I gravitate towards. I really liked the relationship between her and her brother, it was sweet and I could feel the emotion there. Morgan is a great interest with mystery, and awkwardness. I'd love for him to be in my safe-haven.
   Its a very fast paced read, but it didn't feel rushed to me. The ending sat well with me, and made my imagination run as to what could happen next (in a good way).


I'd love to hear your thoughts on my review and/or this book
Here's my vlog if you're interested:



4 comments:

  1. So glad you liked it! I just felt it was so powerful. and I'm cracking up over here about you saying Edward being all up on you LOL! Awesome =) Your vblogs rock! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl. I'd almost forgotten my Edward all up on me comment, but ya know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiction you say, this sounds like one of those real life memoirs that I usually find hard going. Thanks for an informative review, I'm only sorry that I seem unable to access the video - I'll try again later.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)